Fibromyalgia Community
Relief at last!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Relief at last!!!

I suffered from fibromyalgia for over 15 years...and as I got older, the symptoms became disabling.  My new doctor suggested I be tested for sleep apnea (which I doubted very seriously I had).  I was tested as very high risk sleep apnea. I wear a dental device now that comfortably pulls my lower jaw forward (your tongue is attached to the lower jaw) and my tongue no longer relaxes while I sleep and I no longer have the obstruction.  I am now sleeping without the 10 mg of ambien I took each night - and I have the appropriate amount of delta and REM sleep (which, when tested I never achieved!!!)  I wake up raring to go.  I feel I wasted 15 years of my life.

You can google fibromyalgia and sleep apnea and find so much information......none of my previous doctors had a clue!

I still have fibromyalgia. I tend to over do because I have so much energy - and when that happens, I go back into a fibro flare.  But, I can come out of it in one or two days now that I am getting the restful sleep I need to heal