Fibromyalgia Community
Relief for Burning Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Relief for Burning Skin

I have a friend with FMS; at present she suffers significantly from burning painful skin. It is intermittent, and not present all over her body (ie: isolated to patches). Does anyone have a simple pain relief procedure for this? She prefers natural remedies, and please note: any brand name creams or ointments might not be available here in Australia (a generic term would be appreciated). Thanks.

There is a homeopathic cream called "Traumeel" that works very well for skin conditions. If you are interested... you may want to call the company first and find out whether or not this product is ideal for burning skin. (website addy: www.HeelUSA.com)

Hi Chuck,

Your friend may have tried this already... but I thought I would mention it. How about treating her condition with cool compresses, baking soda and cream with cortisone in it (I believe you can purchase it OTC) ?
Avatar n tn
Thanks, that is available here. Even it not suitable for the burning/itchy skin, what I've seen about it on the web today leads me to believe it may be handy for some of the other symptons. She particularly finds pain in the upper chest and the calfs to be unbearable.
Cheers.
Avatar n tn
I suffer from burning skin also, she may want to consult her doctor as there are creams they can perscribe they usually aren't dangerous.

Sometimes I put my  lotion in the fridge, to keep it cold when the burning happens i apply and get some satisfaction but it doesn't last. I have aksed my doctor and she perscribe a cortisone type cream that does help, I usually put in the fridge and it works wonders....not a cure but it does help...

let us know how your friend is doing.