Fibromyalgia Community
Reply to sunandsnow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Reply to sunandsnow

Hi. :) Your symptoms are exactly like mine.  I have chronic pain in the exact same areas that you do.  I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia  years ago.  But I feel it goes deeper than that.  I have intermittent joint pain in my elbows, knees, ankles, tops of my feet.  My hips and muslces hurt all the time though, and down my hip bones. My head neck and shoulder area, and shoulder blade area, lower back, iliac crest area - that area right above the hip bone.  My thighs and hamstrings are in constant pain and radiate down my calves.  I too have nerve damage in my right thigh and it goes numb from time to time with sharp pain down my leg.  I experience very tender spots on my skin that is sore to the touch but shows no signs of redness topically.  I get hot spots in the hamstring area right below the buttocks and sometimes on the right thigh.

I've had this condition since 1994 and have yet to find a doctor that gets it, or even shows any concern for it.  That is the problem with the medical profession today.  I recently just a few days ago saw a new rheumatologist who said very little to me while he examined me.  And then he told me he wanted to see me back in 3 months!  I just don't understand doctors today and their lack of concern.  "So what is your opinion and what are we going to do to help ease the pain?"  He didn't even discuss this much.  I also have degenerative disc disease and degenerative arthritis in my neck.  I feel my muscle damage is from all of the laborious jobs I've had all of my life and I feel I have muscle damage all over because of it, and is irreversible.  I am now on disability because of the intense chronic muscle pain.  

I feel for you, I really do because I'm going through the same thing and have for many years now.  I take sleeping aides at night too so I can sleep.  Flexeral did absolutely nothing for me either.  I too take Hydrocodone.  The only thing that helps me is the heating pad and very hot baths.  You are practically the 'twin' of what I have as well.  Nice to meet you.  Maybe we can get some real help one of these days.  I'm not giving up.  Next time I see this rheumatologist I'm not going to leave until he actually listens to what I have to say.  I would have spoken up this time but I had no idea my first visit with him was going to go as quick as it did!  Now I know what to do next time.

Take care.  It seems we have to be a bit more aggressive with doctors to get any results at all these days....sadly.

This discussion is related to Fibromyalgia?.
Thanks Yes , my you must have a lot of knolege to ease the pain. I ran out of my norco and can't get any more till the 16th of Sept But I will be ok. I see my new Dr. on the 19th Can you copy these charts so you can show your Dr.???