Fibromyalgia Community
Ribs hurt---is this a symptom?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ribs hurt---is this a symptom?

Hi, I haven't been dx as having fibromyalgia though I have a lot of the symptoms since I have hypothyroidism.  One problem I have is that my ribs hurt when poked or any pressure is applied.  They have hurt like this for years...but only if they are even slightly poked.  Sounds wacky, I know. My husband says it's not normal at all.

Wondering if any of you have the same problem...or if you think it could be fibromyalgia (or something else)?  I will bring it up at my next dr appointment.  By the way, I am 32/F.

Thanks in advance for any comments.  This is hard to Google since posts about pregnancies and babies keeps popping up.  (I am not pregnant).
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I haven't been formally diagnosed with Fibro yet either, and I definitely get rib pain. It's not constant, but when it's there, it's painful.
Blank
I have been diagnosed with fibro and I do have rib pain.  I have sore areas all over that hurt to touch.  I actually with jump if they are touched.  I have all kinds of other thing too.
Blank
61536_tn?1340701763
Costochondritis?  Yes.
Blank
Rib pain is one of the symptoms of Fibro.
Blank
Hi, I have had fibro for 5+ years, following an auto accident.  I also have chostochondritis.  I was first diagnosed with chosto. after having food posioning, and broncule pheumonia.  The Dr. said it would last only about 3 months, and was due to the excessive straining of vomiting and coughing.  It did not go away.  I was then diagnosed with Fibro.  The two go together.  I have done alot of research, but there is no real answers out there for "healing."  I have found a cream that I apply when it is really inflamed.  It comes from the health food store, called Sore No More, with capsaicin.  I also use a heating pad.  Mine is worse in the a.m., when everything is tight, and it feels like my lungs are collapsing.  Good luck.
Blank
My rib hurt as if someone had punched me.  Sometimes I have burning sensation on my skin.  My chripractor says a rib was out of place.  I am always tired and so not feel so great.

mema
Blank
549511_tn?1271779530
yep i have the rib pain as well and to get relief i go the chiropractor and the pain is gone instantly but after a few weeks its back again then it eases off itself,its only when it gets unbearable i go to the chiro.
Blank
I've had fibromylgia (fibromyalgia) about 5 years and it seems to be moving different areas of the body, Today my ribs on teh right side are very painful. I have prednisone which I usually use every other week
Blank
when i wake up in the morning i cant move very good my whole torso hurts untill i get up and about, is this a sign for fibromyalgia? if anyone can tell me let me know thank you,plus i have to grab the mattress to turn over
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...