SAVELLA SIDE EFFECTS
HAS ANYONE BEEN PRESCRIBED SAVELLA AND RESPONDED TO THE MEDICATION NEGATIVELY AS FAR AS WORSENING IN PAIN, MIGRAINES, & ANGER ISSUES? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I HAVE CFIDS/FIBRO AND SOME OTHER CHRONIC CONDITIONS BUT AM VERY STUBBORN ON LIVING LIFE TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES!!! I HAVE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS FROM THIS MEDICATION THAT I AM HOPING WILL SUBSIDE BUT I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS ANGER IS COMING FROM!!! PLZ. HELP!!!

GOD BLESS,
THERESA
XOXO
Hello!
Savella which is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine dual reuptake inhibitor is FDA approved drug for use in fibromyalgia. Savella increases norepinephrine and serotonin activity in the brain. This helps in fibromyalgia patients because low brain norepinephrine levels are thought to be related to increased pain and cognitive difficulties .Use of Savella is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma and in patients taking MAOIs. Savella can cause palpitations, nausea, vomiting, hypertension so a person on Savella needs to get his blood pressure and pulse checked regularly. In rare cases, antidepressant medications may cause suicidal feelings and actions .Have a conversation with your doctor about these effects. He may suggest an alternative drug in case Savella is causing these side effects. There is no cure for fibromyalgia and management consists of finding an effective combination of lifestyle adjustments, such as regular exercise and healthy diet, and medication therapy. Do consult your doctor. I hope it helps.
Good luck!