SSDI filed 9/2011 FULLY FAVORABLE decision TODAY!!!
Hi :) 44 yrs old, been diagnosed 8 years now. I had to stop working 2 years ago and have been fighting for SSDI ever since. After several denials and awaiting a hearing date, I got the call today from my lawyer that I received a "fully favorable" decision! I'm posting for anyone who is going through the process or thinking about it...THERE IS HOPE!!! It was a long miserable process with lots of tears and frustration but persistence paid off. DON'T give up, that is exactly what they want us to do. Thanks for the support I've always received here. If anyone has any questions about the process I am happy to share my experience.
Congratulations! This gives me great hope. I also have fibro and haven't worked in almost 2 years. I had a massive surgery 2 years ago this month. They removed half of my pancreas and my spleen. Since then I seem to have been one big fibro flare! I started right off with an attorney. I am waiting for a court date now. So I guess my question is, how long did it take to get the court date from the time you requested it? Again, congratulations on finally prevailing. I know it will make life easier and reduce some stress!
Thank you! My attorney requested the hearing about 2 months ago after my request for reconsideration was denied and before I even got a date the judge ruled on my case. The attorney said they are so backed up with hearings they are trying to approve the ones they can before it goes to hearing. I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted.
Well I'm just shy of the 2 month mark. But I'm in Tx and am told they are very back logged. I'll just keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the info. Gave me some hope!
Congrats on SSDI i know its hard been waiting 7 years,i pray everything falls in place for you!!  danny
I am so glad I read this. I applied in Jan 09 and got denied but decided not to appeal. Then I decided to apply again after I had more medical evidence in my file and got denied, appealed, then denied again. I was giving up hope but decided to apply for a hearing this june. Reading your post has given me some hope. Thanks so much for posting this. I sure hope I finally get accepted since I have a young son to support.

April
I am new here but in MA I got on ssdi without a lawyer due to my migraines, anxiety and depression. I was very young too 28! I guess I was a lucky one, of course now my fibro symptoms are worse than ever!!! So it helps to receive that check and not have to work, however I would like to try to get back to work someday! Hopefully I get stronger and get my symptoms under control soon.
     I got my SSDI when I was in my 50's.  I have Fibro, heart trouble,  Degenerative Disc Disease and Degenerative Joint Disease.  What really helped was a letter to the judge from my Mother explaining to the judge that I was not able to help her as much as before injuring myself on a stationary bike.  
     It did take a year to get it, but I was on General Welfare just before I saw the judge.  
     Document every doctor visit!  Keep a diary  of your bad days and include that in the papers to the judge.
      Keep appealing.  Remember that every time you re-apply you are starting over and losing money.  Your first check is retroactive.  Appeal, appeal, appeal.   The squeaky wheel gets the oil.  
      Read Luke 18:1-5.  Illustration by Jesus Christ about a widow and a judge.

Wishing all of you the best.   Congratulations!