Savella just for pain?
Hi..I`m new to all of this..well not to Fibro/CFS...I have had it for over 16 yrs now ! ( unfortunately) But I have been reading everyones post and saw a few on Savella..and I must say what I have read from the most of you on it....I am excited...and hopeful for once in a long time !!!  ( cheers )  My pain gets sooo bad that I honestly get sick to my stomach from it. I take 10mg of Vicodin ( hydrocodone? ) 3x a day and Lyrica 75mg 2x a day..for the pain...but it barely takes the edge of it! I also have the sleep problem..( apnea & narcolepsy) so I am trying a new drug nuvigil for that and it helps somewhat...anyhow I guess my question was " is the Savella strictly for pain? I really really think I am going to call my Rheumy and see if I can get some samples of it.
      Hope the best for us all......and great to hear about those of you that are starting to feel like yourselves again!!!
                                                    CHEERS !!!    and hugs....... Linda Sue
This is what i have found a little about this

This product is indicated for the management of fibromyalgia and for the treatment of depression and anxiety. It works by prolonging the effect of serotonin and norepinephrine, both important chemicals in the brain. The exact mechanism of how it improves pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia is unknown.
Hello;
  My apologies for not answering sooner but I have been out of town. Like you I was excited about Savella, but I was also leery. I had tried every medication that was supposedly aimed at Fibro and I have had my share of disappointments. Buy after asking my Rheumy about Savella and having him tell me that he had given several patients the trial pack, and had received no phone calls about side effects. I had to try it. AND I am so glad that I did.

Today I started taking 50mg twice a day. I look forward to having more good days, like I have for the last two weeks. I was able to spend a week out of town with my kids and grandkids and enjoyed every minute of it, and was able to get up and go again the next day.  I am so thankful that we finally found something that has given me , me back. Good luck and please let me know how it goes.

gentle hugs
Angel
Hi..Thanks for your comments on the savella...I called my Rheumy yesterday to see if they have gotten anymore of the samples in...but they havent until next week! I was so in hopes of getting it ...like NOW... but guess I will have to hang in there. Is it just with me..or do alot of you have the really bad back and hip pain?? I hurt sooo bad it makes me sick at my stomach...and I am exhausted from the pain. This is such a wicked disease that I wouldnt wish it on anyone....I have had it now for 16 yrs and I think it is getting worse or my tollerance is getting lower...I dont know anymore. I guess i have to try and do like with an addiction...".one day at a time"
   Anyhow glad to hear that this new drug is working for you...."that gives me hope! "
I will let you know when I do get the samples...and pray for me that it will be the blessing that I have been waqiting 16 yrs for!!
                    Linda
I just started Savella Tuesday.  My doctor gave me the two-week starter pack.  She had me to start taking lower doses of Cymbalta for a week before I started the Savella.  My body reacted and I hurt and felt so bad.  I have taken two of the low dose S for two days along with one 30mg C.  Next Tuesday I start on the full dosage of S with no C.  I must say that today I have felt better than I have in a long, long time.  I am looking forward to being totally on Savella because I believe I am going to feel even better then.  Everybody is different, but it might be the one medicine that works for you too.
I feel for you having so much pain.  I have been the same way for so long that I've almost forgotten what it was like to not hurt.  I will let you know how I feel when I am completely on Savella and I will be sending warm wishes and prayers your way.