Fibromyalgia Community
Savella

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Savella

I have been taking Savella for about a month. I have been having horrible hot flashes my skin even turns bright red untill the flash is over. I am swollen and urinate frequently.Very hyper to. I feel better than i have felt in years, except for these complaints. What should I do ?

This discussion is related to Savella side affects.
I was prescribed Savella and decided not to take it for those reasons.  It says that those are the side effects (excitability, night sweats, flushing, hot flashes, tachycardia) and since I have POTS which causes tachycardia, I decided against it.  But I have heard that the symptoms lesson over time.  Did you start with a titration pack?  If the side effects don't bother you too much and it's helping you, if I were you, I would try it for a little longer and see if it goes away.  If not then I would call your doctor.  Good luck!
I took savella for fibromyalgia for about two or three DAYS, and my chest felt like a spear had been stuck through it. Had to see a cardiologist, never had pain like that in my chest before. Not one so-called "treatment" for FMS has ever worked for me.The whole medical profession is guilty of malpractice.
I also couldn't tolerate Savella. I was on the titration pack and it definitely took the pain away and I also lost about 7 pounds, both huge bonuses ~ but the heart issues and intensified panic made it to scary.