Savella
Has anyone taken Savella? My neurologist had me on 60mg of Cymbalta twice a day. In only a few months time I gained 40 lb! My pain doctor suggested I back off the cymbalta and take Savella. I would like to hear what others have to say about it first.
Thank you
Hey Mapato2
Welcome to the forum.
Please go to:
http://arthritis.about.com/b/2009/01/27/savella-what-fibromyalgia-patients-need-to-know.htm
and checkout the comments. There are lots!
The one not to miss is #89 Glenda

Hope it helps. And please keep posting!
Blessings
Nikodicreta
I have been reading a lot of comments about Savella. I don't think I want to try it. I've been reading up on the LDN. Sounds good so far. Are you taking it? I haven;'t seen any postings on long time usage.
I was on Savella and could not wait to get off!  Gave me no relief,but instead I had terrible side effects.  I was increased up to 100 mg twice a day, the max dose, trying to get some relief and I was put into a Seratonin Storm.  High Blood Pressure and Heart Rate and I was sweating buckets and buckets.  My heart rate was running 168 BPM.  I had to gradually get off of it and had withdrawls.  I was soo miserable!  Never Ever will I take it again.  I am on Cymbalta 3 times a day for pain and it has helped some.  I also take Plaquenil for Sjogren's Syndrome.  It takes about 3 months to know if it will help.  I am at about 1.5 months.  Looking forward to month 3!

I am not a recommender of Savella.
Good Luck.     ~sass~
Hey Mapato2.

No I'm not taking it, as I have completely healed myself -Somatoform Pain Disorder-.
( It's my way of  giving back )
Check my reply regarding LDN to binx67 on June 8 at the "SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX" user group. Just go on top of this page and you'll see it under Forums.

Long term usage, I don't know. It seems that because of the very low dosage,
there wouldn't be any issues, however, if you research you will probably find some
people with long term usage, commenting on this.
Since LDN  is not offered as a cure, I would imagine that it would be like many other
treatments using medications to manage the symptoms. Should there be a remission
experienced by some people, that would be the exception.

On a different note, I'm looking into "Mycoplasma Fermentans-Incognitus" and the possible connection to FMS, CFS, and similar conditions. Some interesting and some scary reports out there. Check it out if you have a chance.
Post again if you have any questions.
Blessings
Nikodicreta

Thank you for all the info. You have been very helpful
Mapa
I have given up on the savella suggestion It doesn't sound very promising. Although a lot of people said it helped them, at least twice as many listed horrible side affects Thanks for your input.
Mapa
i tried cymbalta and it did nothing.  itried savella and it actually helped me a little bit.  i was able to cut back 1/2 to 1 pain killer a lot of days.  i didn't stay on it because i couldn't afford it when we lost our insurance.     i am normally hyper-sensitive to side effects and i didn't get any from savella.