Fibromyalgia Community
Scary Episode...not sure what's going on!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Hello, my name is Rena and I am a member of the MS Forum.  I have Secondary Progressive MS and COPD and Asthma and they are all under control with medication... I hope! On Sunday past I took a shower and I felt fine when I got in but when I got out I had a terrible pain across the middle of my back.  I assumed that I may have pulled a muscle or something in the shower.    
As the day continued the pain accelerated and by the early evening everything got just plain bad.
I was lying on my back on the couch and suddenly it seemed as though the pain was growing throughout my body and it was horrible.  It moved down my legs and into my arms and the pain was about a 9 out of 10.  When I went to bed it was not a restful night at all.  It seemed that as the night progressed the pain moved to my left side and then down into my left hip.  I couldn’t lie on my left side at all and could only lie on the right side for short periods of time.When I got up in the a.m. the pain was in my left hip and my left leg.  It wasn’t until about four o’clock on December 3rd that the pain began to subside and by about 8 p.m. the pain was pretty much gone.  
I was tested for Fibromyalgia a few years back and I had 6 of the 18 tender spots that the doctor told me are indicative for Fibromyalgia.  I had a throat biopsy done last year and the doctor that did the pre-op medical checked these spots again and he said I should be seen by a specialist because he said that I had a whole lot more than 6 tender spots.  I just assumed he was in training but perhaps he was on to something???  Does my experience ring a bell with anyone on this forum?  If it does, do you think I should try to see a specialist right away or should I do the wait and see thing?  I really, really appreciate ANY information that you may be able to supply me with.  

Rena
Hey Rena.

You have enough on your plate!
I don't know how helpful this would be. I mean seeking another dx on top of what you already have with no prospect of cure. That's tough. But I know what pain is very well-even if it has been a long time since I experienced excruciating or serious pain- and I sympathize with you.

Systemic diseases ALWAYS have an infectious connection, even if this is rarely explored or diagnosed, (regardless of being causative or triggering
mechanisms)
Autoimmune diseases ALWAYS have a cause, and you guessed it, even if this is rarely explored or diagnosed.
The reason is that the way the medical system is structured, there's no effective methodology to "get to the bottom" of these complex conditions.
It is a medical logistics nightmare, therefore, many medical conditions that fall in the above 2 categories when diagnosed  and usually with  no  "medical" cure options, symptom management is the only treatment available.
If I were you, I would seek the best Naturopathic Doctor in Edmonton get him to facilitate the following:

Things to look into or to rule out:

1. Pathogenic infections such as  All Borrelia species- not just Borrelia Burgdoferi,Anaplasma phago­cytophilum, Babesia microti, Babesia duncani,Bartonella henselae, Bartonella quintana, Coxiella burnetii, Ehrlichia chaffeensis,Francisella tularensis, Mycoplasma fermentans, Icognitus and other Mycoplasma species, Rickettsia rickettsii, viruses such as HHV-6,nematodes. These are extremely difficult to detect!!!

Lymes Disease. If you haven't seen an LLMD and if you haven't
done a complete Borellia and co-infections panel using IgeneX Labs, you're nowhere close to having Lymes Disease ruled out.

END OF PART 1    
MH glitch does not allow long posts to be submitted.

PART 2

2. HLA panel to verify the body's ability to fight biotoxins

3. Heavy metal toxicity.

4.  Stool analysis  for pathogenic bacteria, parasites, yeast, and levels of beneficial  bacteria, as well as  leaky gut syndrome and intestinal dysbiosis testing.

5. CMV, EBV, HHV-6, HSV1 and HSV2 test with MDL labs

6. Hypothyroid type 2- just like diabetes, there's type 1 and type 2.
The vast majority of ENDOs do not look into this. Very common!

7. Deficiencies. Tissue magnesium-not blood magnesium!
Glutathione, Potassium, Neurotransmitters.
Compete nutritional Panel as well.

8. Comprehensive metabolic profile for organ integrity evaluation as well as fluids and electrolytes.

9.SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography) brain scan
which shows blood flow and more. Offers much more dynamic imaging than MRIs, which are more static.

10. PTSD  Any past traumas including childhood and not in memory.
Hypnotherapy is suggested to uncover any repressed memories and to have them dealt with.

There are more areas to be investigated. If I think of anything important to add, I'll post it.
Have you looked at any alternative therapies in the past?
I've interacted with a few people in the past who had success with LDN
for MS.

Let me know if you need further details.
Cheers!
Niko