Fibromyalgia Community
Severe fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Severe fibromyalgia

Is there such a thing as severe fibromyalgia. Does it get worse over time for some fibro sufferers?
For me, my Fibro has gotten a tad worse.
I catch myself getting more aches and pains.
&my depression has also gotten worse.

But I think for some people it could get worse or it could be better.
It just depends on who you are I guess.
Mine has also continued to get worse. The good days are fewer & fewer. Because I'm not as active as I once was, I can no longer explain away the little aches & pains as runners cramps or strains.
My eyes are weird the last 6 months. I don't know if that is even a fibro issue, but it's strange and I don't know why. Heck, it's all strange, isn't it?
same here
Thanks for responding to my question. My fibro has gotten a lot worse over the years. I've had it since is was 19 years old and I'm now 43. I've had almost all the treatments and tried almost all the meds and supplements too. By now you would think that I would be better not worse, but I just get worse and worse as time goes by. My pain level is always on the end of the scale or off. Anyway gentle hugs and I pray you get better.
Hi Colleen! I have problems with my eyes too. My right eye tends to droop when I have a really really bad day. I don't know if it's fibro either. Well I pray you get better and that there is a cure just around the corner. Gentle hugs to you and have a great day or the best day you can!
  Hi... just joined this today.   I've been diagosed with FM 20 yrs. ago at the age of 31.   I was the worst when I was under the most stress.  (child rearing, working full time and going to school.)
I found that a balanced life.. with being active, part-time low stress job and working out regularly.... made me feel very good most of the time.

So good that I enrolled in school again... but after a year of grueling schedule... ended up with the worst and longest "flare" ever.  ( the past 4 months.. and I'm still 'digging' out.

It's hard to force yourself to do things.. but for me... it's what made me feel better.  ( I was surprised at how much energy I had and less pain ( distraction maybe?) when I had a PT job.  

Nutrition is SO important, too.  Doing Gluten free... big help with digestive issues and tons of vitamins and supplements.  Lots of good info out there!

God Bless...
I agree with YinYang124.  I was dx'd  at 36, ( will be 60 in July) after yrs of dealing with "it's all in your head.  I have lived with it now for at least 40 yrs.  I do not take any pills for it specically.  I suffer intense flares, but I can go long periods  semi ok.  STRESS is the worst.  when I am stressed, I usually get through the crisis, then I suffer from flares m some leave me bed ridden in pain.  I do the best I can holistically, but sometimes I will take a pain pill, non narcotic.  I think well I force myself to get up and moving, I have a better day, then when I try to baby myself.

I am new here too, but thought I could chime in after all these yrs.
good luck to you.