Fibromyalgia Community
Severe muscle cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Severe muscle cramps

I have Fibro and have been experiencing SEVERE muscle cramps in my inner thighs.  They are so severe that they will make me cry and can sometimes last 20-30 minutes.  They will actually ebb and flow like a contraction but never stop...just increase in intensity to the point of making you want to pass out. My doctor put checked my postassium, magnesium, etc. levels and they were fine. Has anyone had any experience with these type of cramps?
I get these muscle cramps, but in my arms.  I know exactly what you mean and how excruicating it is!!!  I literally will take my knuckles and dig into my arms.  I know it sounds nuts and my husband looks at me like I am, but it is the only thing that helps, although technically, it really doesn't.  Those are the days the pain meds are maxed out!
I have also had my electrolite levels all checked and they were -surprise- normal.  
I agree that the pain is intense even to make you feel like passing out.  I guess I can't offer any real help other than acknowleding your pain, it is real and it's awful...
try heat on them it lets it relax and also look into muscle relaxers from your Dr for when these spells hit..........they hit me in spells anyway and then I don't have them for months/!
ok first off  did you r/o  PAD periforal artery diease? RLS, restless leg syndrom (syndrome) ,pinched muscle or nerve periformis or sciatic  have you gone to a chiropractor? do you drink enough water? did you try drinking gatorade? have you tried drinking tonic water with quinine? this is an old fashion remedy for leg cramps? i drink it at night  i have a heated water bed and a heated mattress pad  heat makes my legs worse but my bones better so i use muscle massage chiropractic soma 350 mg at night i have mps myofacail pain syndrome so i have a tens machine i hook up on the muscle knotts, vit  c b  and vit E  is helpful i drink glacer ice water with vitamins , i use biofreeze and absorbin jr on my spasms hope something i offer can  help,  now i found certain shoes makes my leg cramps worse  are you a leg crosser?  i have some bad postures per sae that aggrervate my problems  keep me posted i would suggest a CHIRO first now i was just told my VIT d3  was dangerously low cause muscle aches bone aches and cramps via my endo ,  i'm on rx  strength 50,000 units you can try walmart vit d 3  a lower dose?
  This is Lee. I was told four years ago that I have Fibro as well, after reading all the medical facts, I realized that these symptoms were there long ago ,but wrote off as something else. Along with the (normal) pains just recently I have been woke up with severe cramps in my legs and both arms. Your right, the pain is terrible, it's been three days and the pain in my arms feel like a charley horse, and hurts to the touch. My Doctor rolls her eyes up every time I tell her something new. With only Gabapentin and  cyclobenzaprine, and Doxepin for sleep ( which does'nt work when these cramps hit). My last visit the Doctor suggested counseling.  Good luck. Oh and SSI has refuted my disability claim as well, stating fibro is not disabling.
Patients with Fibromyalgia are often low on vit D.  Make sure your levels are up,  My levels were down and I started 5000 units and not as much pain. Eating right and taken good vitamins and minerals are important I have found for me.  I have suffered with fibromyalgia for 11 years.. I am a nurse and I just got disability because the pain and numbness in my body.