Fibromyalgia Community
Severe pain with fms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Severe pain with fms

Why is it that some ppl with fibromaylagia have less pain..i know ppl who have this and their pain isnt anything like mine and why would i have severe pain...from morning to night i take vicodin 5 times a day...and i dont know if my insurance will accept lyrica...????
Tags: severe, Pain
  • Lyrica (5 replies):
    Is anyone taking Lyrica for their Fibro and if so is it ...[more]
  • Lyrica (12 replies):
    This is my first day on Lyrica, and the doctor increased...[more]
  • Has anyone tried LYCRIA yet? (48 replies):
    My RA gave me a free weeks supply RX for Lycria but I ha...[more]
  • Lyrica (16 replies):
    Wondered if anyone has tried this.... Lyrica , the Ne...[more]
  • fibromyalgia (6 replies):
    I am 30yrs old and i am taking Cymbalta for my Fibromya...[more]
I have Fibro and it differs from day to day.  Actually it differs from person to person, which is why it is so hard to find something that works for everyone.  I tried Lyrica twice, but had to stop due to "blurry vision" on reading.  (This is one of the side effects)  It is very hard not knowing from day to day just how miserable one might feel.  Get support from others who have this problem.  I just found this forum a few days ago and it appears to be very good.  Two people answered my original question and I was so greatful to see that people do care.  That is why I've replied to you.  Wish I could give you something to really help, but perhaps, if you can, go for a second opinion.  Best of Luck in 2009.
There are cases of people with fibromyalgia who are bound to wheelchairs.  I think the degree of pain has to do with the individual, the nature of a flare, and how healthy they may be overall.  The severity is something one has no control over and can be different for each person.  It sounds like you are having a horrible flare-up.  One thing I can say is the same medications that are out there to help you (like pain meds.) can also cause more pain sensations when trying to withdraw.  I had been taking Lyrica for over a year and yes it helped greatly, but not without it's side-effects.  I noticed when I didn't take it the pain got very bad.  Once I weaned off of it, the pain is still there but not as bad as it was.  So, all of these drugs that effect the Central Nervous System can also have changes.  I opted to stop taking the Lyrica because of how it impacted my cognition.  

I pray you feel better soon.  Please be careful with the vicodin and I wish you pain free days ahead.
My pain too has increased over the years, it was mild in the beginning and now it is out of control, I wish I knew the solution to releive the pain.
When I was diagnosed the Rheumy said that I had severe fibro. Scared me to death. I asked him why it was severe and he said that he had found 16 of the 18 trigger points. You know, when I am in a serious flare, at times I can barely walk. I do have a wheel chair, but I have one of those walker things with a seat on it. It's easier to get around the house in. But I usually stay in bed like I have been during this flare.
My husband took me to the ER last night. I couldn't get on top of the pain and I was physically ill. It took 3 shots to get the pain back down to a 5-6. I can handle that. Insurance companies are funny about some meds, so far I haven't had a problem with any of mine. Take care of yourself.

gentle hugs
Angel