Shortness of Breath
Has anyone on here had shortness of breath with CFS/EBV?  I have had several pulmonary function tests and I have a low oxygen diffusion level and they can't figure out why. I had the tests originally because of having the breathing problem. It isn't bad, just sometimes, at rest or when I exercise.  Since I am finding out that alot of my other symptoms are symptoms that people have with CFS, I am wondering if this is one too? Thanks for any input.

Yes. I've often had shortness of breath with my condition. According to Dr. Garth Nicolson's research... breathing problems are seen in almost 90% of CFS patients:

http://www.immed.org/signsympt.htm

I also find that I am short winded, especially if I try to walk too far. If I pace myself to walk slower, I do better.
Thank you PlateletGal for the link. I copied and pasted that to take to my doctor on Tuesday.  My pulmonologist can't find any problems, yet I continue to have this issue. I thought all along it was due to my low iron.
and thank you also kiddthekatt for your input. I do exercise or force myself to exercise, but always have trouble and sometimes chest pain.
When you said chest pain, I had to pipe up and add a comment. Yes, that is definitely part of Fibromyalgia /CFS/EBV. I have all three and just yesterday I called my doctor feeling scared that I was having a heart attack.  I woke up with pain in my head on the left side, my face was sagging, down my aortic area to my chest and down my left arm to my wrist. This kept up with palpitations and a flushing that was awful! I thought a stroke was iminent.

It was from my muscles and glands being congested from a sinus/ear infection. I was swollen visibly but the pain took my focus off looking at that.

I have pain that radiats from my spine around to my chest. Plus our chest wall has muscles and other tissues matter (?)  and myofacial layer that can contract and cause much pain.  
Push on the pain, mine crackles. That is fluid, that you hear crackling.

Do your ears itch?
Phtartist,
Thanks for letting me know how you feel. I am sorry to hear that you have all 3. I can't even begin to imagine that.  I too, had an episode like yours, where I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It was awful. I am sorry to hear you went through that. I am learning so much from everyone on the forum.
Yes, my ears do itch. All the time. I thought that was my allergies.