Fibromyalgia Community
Should I see a doctor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Should I see a doctor

I have had this pain under my ribs both sides which  sometines spreads across my back for about 6 months . It has not effected me playing sport albiet sore afterwards but I do get very tired . I have read some of the forum messages and my symptons are very similair to the Fibromyagia symptons . As I am sat here now writing this I am in discomfort and feel like i want to stretch my body to ease the pain . What treatments are available . I am one of those people who rarely visits the doctor as dont want to waste his time . I also get breathless with the pain sometimes .            
Sounds just like the burning pain I have. You feel as if you need to just stretch and stretch to help it.
I get awful pain in that area.  What happens is that your body is laying down fascial tissue in reaction to our wonky brain signals.  I visit a massage therapist skilled in myofascial release and it helps immensely.  I wish you luck on your venture to find a diagnosis.  Push your doctors and insist they rule out fibromyalgia.  Some just consider it a nuisance because it doesn't kill us but it needs to be properly diagnosed and treated.