Aa
A
A
Close
Sick and fed up
Hello,
I have stumbled upon this site because I am constantly researching my symptoms. I am really sick all of the time and have had little to no help though I am constantly at the md. For two years I have basically been bedridden. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but I am not convinced that is the only problem. I am desperate at this point for an answer. Extremely long story short. Two years ago I was an avid runner, I ran 5 miles a day and worked out after that. I ate very well and was in good shape. I felt pain and was able to fight through it. I ended up with a stress fracture in my right foot and ran on it for three weeks. I told my dr that the pain of the fracture paled in comparison to the pain I feel on a daily basis. I have sharp stabbing bone pain all over my body that started four years ago. This is when fibromyalgia first came up. I went through  a couple of dr's until I finally got the diagnosis. However, I got fifths disease two times over the summer. After that I began swelling every day. I wasnt able to even lay down the pain was so intense. I was put on  lyrica and tramadol which doesnt do much other than make me fat and sleepy. I have finally found the best Rheumotologist EVER! She actually cares and is putting me through a battery of tests. My cortisol levels were really low, the did a test to see how my body would respond to cortisol and it did well. Two years ago I started lactating for no reason I took something to stop the lactation for a little over six months. They did an MRI, no pituitary tumor (sidenote:My aunt had one) I am now having trouble with weakness. I sometimes cannot even grasp a pencil to write. Driving is scary because I become too weak. I have gotten out of bed and collapsed on the floor because my legs didnt work. In the a.m. I will sometimes lift my arms to do something and they will drop. I was just diagnosed with reynauds disease because my right arm was turning blue. four years ago I woke up in the evening completely blind in both eyes. I saw a neurologist because my mom has MS and freaked out. I had an MRI of the brain and they cleared me saying I dont have MS. I am scared in agony and did I mention the weird rash  I have on my cheeks? Every time blood is taken I am told everything is normal, but I cant get out of bed most days. I know I have Fibro, but is this all part of Fibro? I fall over all of the time, drop things. Oh yes and PS I just found out I have mononecuelosis......again.......I had it when I was a teenager. Final comment: I finally felt good enough to garden yesterday, and suddenly I felt as if my left side had been ripped open. Literally. I looked down to see what had bit me, but there was nothing. It was hot and seering and tearing. And it went away as quickly as it came. I am so fed up at this point , I legitamely feel like I could not make it through the night sometimes. I get tremors, and yes breathing has become labored. Needless to say I cannot run any longer. :(  Help?

This discussion is related to help!! fibromyalgia, myasthenia gravis or ms .
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You sound exactly like me! I keep getting told its the fibromyalgia! I also have celiac, allergies, interstiatil cystitis, and reoccurring mono with the flare ups of sinusitis... Most doctors are not trained to treat a chaos patient! One med aggravates symptoms of another problem and the medication trial goes on. I told myself I want my life back went on a light run and was in hospital with low potassium levels next day! It prob is the mono and poisons in our foods! I just read a post that said Vit C reduces cortisol levels in brain which can interfere with pain management... Vit C overload here I come! Hope you are doing better! I totally am having the lactating thing and that is how I came across your post!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703