Fibromyalgia Community
Sick and fed up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Sick and fed up

I have stumbled upon this site because I am constantly researching my symptoms. I am really sick all of the time and have had little to no help though I am constantly at the md. For two years I have basically been bedridden. I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but I am not convinced that is the only problem. I am desperate at this point for an answer. Extremely long story short. Two years ago I was an avid runner, I ran 5 miles a day and worked out after that. I ate very well and was in good shape. I felt pain and was able to fight through it. I ended up with a stress fracture in my right foot and ran on it for three weeks. I told my dr that the pain of the fracture paled in comparison to the pain I feel on a daily basis. I have sharp stabbing bone pain all over my body that started four years ago. This is when fibromyalgia first came up. I went through  a couple of dr's until I finally got the diagnosis. However, I got fifths disease two times over the summer. After that I began swelling every day. I wasnt able to even lay down the pain was so intense. I was put on  lyrica and tramadol which doesnt do much other than make me fat and sleepy. I have finally found the best Rheumotologist EVER! She actually cares and is putting me through a battery of tests. My cortisol levels were really low, the did a test to see how my body would respond to cortisol and it did well. Two years ago I started lactating for no reason I took something to stop the lactation for a little over six months. They did an MRI, no pituitary tumor (sidenote:My aunt had one) I am now having trouble with weakness. I sometimes cannot even grasp a pencil to write. Driving is scary because I become too weak. I have gotten out of bed and collapsed on the floor because my legs didnt work. In the a.m. I will sometimes lift my arms to do something and they will drop. I was just diagnosed with reynauds disease because my right arm was turning blue. four years ago I woke up in the evening completely blind in both eyes. I saw a neurologist because my mom has MS and freaked out. I had an MRI of the brain and they cleared me saying I dont have MS. I am scared in agony and did I mention the weird rash  I have on my cheeks? Every time blood is taken I am told everything is normal, but I cant get out of bed most days. I know I have Fibro, but is this all part of Fibro? I fall over all of the time, drop things. Oh yes and PS I just found out I have mononecuelosis......again.......I had it when I was a teenager. Final comment: I finally felt good enough to garden yesterday, and suddenly I felt as if my left side had been ripped open. Literally. I looked down to see what had bit me, but there was nothing. It was hot and seering and tearing. And it went away as quickly as it came. I am so fed up at this point , I legitamely feel like I could not make it through the night sometimes. I get tremors, and yes breathing has become labored. Needless to say I cannot run any longer. :(  Help?

This discussion is related to help!! fibromyalgia, myasthenia gravis or ms .
You sound exactly like me! I keep getting told its the fibromyalgia! I also have celiac, allergies, interstiatil cystitis, and reoccurring mono with the flare ups of sinusitis... Most doctors are not trained to treat a chaos patient! One med aggravates symptoms of another problem and the medication trial goes on. I told myself I want my life back went on a light run and was in hospital with low potassium levels next day! It prob is the mono and poisons in our foods! I just read a post that said Vit C reduces cortisol levels in brain which can interfere with pain management... Vit C overload here I come! Hope you are doing better! I totally am having the lactating thing and that is how I came across your post!