Side effects of Savella
My daughter (38 yrs) has been treated fibro for several years. She suffers terribly with pain and fatigue. She tried Savella, but her rhematologist neglected to tell her to begin slowly-- so the first day she took one 50 mg pill (the prescribed dosage) and within an hour had terrible side effects.  She didn't take any pills the following day and on the third day started to take 12.5 mg. daily. After 4 days, she was having horrible dizzy spells, pains in her head, and disorientation.  She stopped taking it.

My question is:  How long do these side effects take to leave your system.  It has been about 10 days and she's still a mess.
Hello I am sorry to hear your daughter is have so many problems with her new med and pain.
I have never taken what she is on. I take Lyrica.
When I first started it only took a day or two for my little side effects to stop.

Everyone is different so they may start to clear up soon or she may not be able to take this med.

She should talk to her doctor and see what they say.
That would be the best thing to do.
Have her get in to contact with them ASAP
She may be having a reaction!!!

When my Physc changes my meds and I feel like yodu daughter does I stop the med after two or three days because I just can't take them

Sorry I'm not much help on this

Have her call her doctor

Good luck with this
I wills be thinking an praying for your daughter

Peace
Less
It might take a couple weeks for her to feel better.
This should be reported to the prescribing Physician and the Pharmacist,
asap! And she might get some advice, regarding this severe reaction.
This is the only way of the medical system and the pharmaceutical
companies to monitor & evaluate drugs, for patient safety and drug
efficiency..
Neurotramsmitter testing might have helped, if this was indeed linked
to her reaction, however, this type of testing is reserved  for pharmaceutical research to develop more psych and anti-depression drugs and not for patients. Profits before patients, I guess.
So prescribing such drugs to my opinion are more on a trial and error basis,
in other words like a shot in the dark, as a risk/benefit evaluation is not possible without  "proper" Neurotrasmitter testing.

For holistic/natural recommendations for fibro, please read my previous reply in this community.

This information is NOT intended to replace medical advice.
Wish you and your daughter well.
Niko

It's going on 3 weeks now. She refuses to go back to that rheum. dr. because he has severely mismanaged her case. He prescribed the Savella w/o titrations doses and he pulled her off her other meds cold turkey (which we read is not the way to go).  The guy is incompetent and I can't blame her for her refusal to contact him.  I will suggest calling the pharmacy.  She continues to take her Lyrica, but nothing else.  Her vertigo and head pressure was so severe yesterday that they sent her home from work.
Sounds like a bad doc! I had a difficult rime finding a med I could deal with as well. Lyrica seems best of the several I've tried. Massage and a diet free of additives and packed with freah foods.

I sneak a Coke now and then but make every effort to eat fairly "clean".

Best to your daughter.

Sari
Well we think we found the answer. Her brilliant doctor pulled her off of her Lexapro when he put her on the Savella.  We feel that the abrupt withdrawal from a drug she took for several years, coupled with the OVERDOSE of Savella caused the reaction.

She has restarted the Lexapro in tiny doses and the symptoms have stopped. She did well on the Lexapro and doesn't mind taking it.