Fibromyalgia Community
Skin problems...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Skin problems...

I was wondering if skin problems are a sx of Fibro?  Ever since I began having sx in May 07 I've randomly been getting really itchy skin just below my belly buttom.  At first the skin just really itches, but after I itch it it turns to a rash/welts and gets bigger and bigger.  It comes and goes, but is alwasy in that exact same place.  At first I thought it may be an allergic reaction to the button on my jeans, but I would think it would always be there since I always wear jeans.  I'll have it for a week or so then it goes away for up to a few months.  It has no rhyme or reason.  I've NEVER had it before until I began having sx so it really makes me think it is connected to my sx somehow.  Does anyone else have this and is this a sx of fibro??
  Thanks
Related Discussions
  • SSA/SSB levels (7 replies):
    I have been having problems with swallowing and dry mout...[more]
  • Scalp Pain (12 replies):
    Is it possible to have scalp pain due to Fibromyalgia. ...[more]
  • Scalp pain (3 replies):
    I have fibromyalgia and have had it for 23yrs, My questi...[more]
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
237053_tn?1258832026
I also forgot to mention that my I've had problems with a dry flaky,scaly scalp since the onset of sx too.  It isn't my whole scalp just a small area near the front right side.  
Blank
434278_tn?1324709825
I'm not an expert on fibromyalgia, but I am thinking that skin sensitivites can be assoiciated with fibro and or CFS.  Often times a nickel allergy will show up at the area just below the belly button.  (where the snap or button is located.)  I suggest you do a search on nickel allergy.  
Blank
i also have dry scalp and i use all kinds of medicated shampoos along with the regular ones for dry hair or scalp.  my skin is also dry all over and i apply lotion all the time and i have tried all kinds of lotions...avon...aveeno..curel..mir. bond and bath and body works..and i still have a scaly scalp and dry skin!!!
Blank
3147039_tn?1343137854
The sores you experience by your belly button is what my dermatologist called "Contact Acne".  Where ever your clothing are chaving your body, there you will get a rash or like in my instance boil like sore and when they open up leaves a hole in the skin. I am now avoiding wearing jeans, skirts and pants that chaves me around my middel. My scalp also gets these sores which is due to shampoos and conditioners containing "Sulpher" related chemicals.  I now use a 100% Honey based shampoo, conditioner and soap, which cured these sores.  You can also ask you doctor for  Steri-Scrub liquid hand soap. You can wash your body with that to disinfect the infected areas.  Please go see my facebook page  "Fibromyalgia Remedies & Advice".  You will find many answers there. Be Blessed
Blank
3147039_tn?1343137854
The sores you experience by your belly button is what my dermatologist called "Contact Acne".  Where ever your clothing are chaving your body, there you will get a rash or like in my instance boil like sore and when they open up leaves a hole in the skin. I am now avoiding wearing jeans, skirts and pants that chaves me around my middel. My scalp also gets these sores which is due to shampoos and conditioners containing "Sulpher" related chemicals.  I now use a 100% Honey based shampoo, conditioner and soap, which cured these sores.  You can also ask you doctor for  Steri-Scrub liquid hand soap. You can wash your body with that to disinfect the infected areas.  Please go see my facebook page  "Fibromyalgia Remedies & Advice".  You will find many answers there. Be Blessed
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank