Fibromyalgia Community
Skin problems...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Skin problems...

I was wondering if skin problems are a sx of Fibro?  Ever since I began having sx in May 07 I've randomly been getting really itchy skin just below my belly buttom.  At first the skin just really itches, but after I itch it it turns to a rash/welts and gets bigger and bigger.  It comes and goes, but is alwasy in that exact same place.  At first I thought it may be an allergic reaction to the button on my jeans, but I would think it would always be there since I always wear jeans.  I'll have it for a week or so then it goes away for up to a few months.  It has no rhyme or reason.  I've NEVER had it before until I began having sx so it really makes me think it is connected to my sx somehow.  Does anyone else have this and is this a sx of fibro??
  • Scalp pain (3 replies):
    I have fibromyalgia and have had it for 23yrs, My questi...[more]
  • Scalp Pain (13 replies):
    Is it possible to have scalp pain due to Fibromyalgia. ...[more]
  • SSA/SSB levels (8 replies):
    I have been having problems with swallowing and dry mout...[more]
I also forgot to mention that my I've had problems with a dry flaky,scaly scalp since the onset of sx too.  It isn't my whole scalp just a small area near the front right side.  
I'm not an expert on fibromyalgia, but I am thinking that skin sensitivites can be assoiciated with fibro and or CFS.  Often times a nickel allergy will show up at the area just below the belly button.  (where the snap or button is located.)  I suggest you do a search on nickel allergy.  
i also have dry scalp and i use all kinds of medicated shampoos along with the regular ones for dry hair or scalp.  my skin is also dry all over and i apply lotion all the time and i have tried all kinds of lotions...avon...aveeno..curel..mir. bond and bath and body works..and i still have a scaly scalp and dry skin!!!
The sores you experience by your belly button is what my dermatologist called "Contact Acne".  Where ever your clothing are chaving your body, there you will get a rash or like in my instance boil like sore and when they open up leaves a hole in the skin. I am now avoiding wearing jeans, skirts and pants that chaves me around my middel. My scalp also gets these sores which is due to shampoos and conditioners containing "Sulpher" related chemicals.  I now use a 100% Honey based shampoo, conditioner and soap, which cured these sores.  You can also ask you doctor for  Steri-Scrub liquid hand soap. You can wash your body with that to disinfect the infected areas.  Please go see my facebook page  "Fibromyalgia Remedies & Advice".  You will find many answers there. Be Blessed