Fibromyalgia Community
Sleep Issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Sleep Issues

Can anyone relate to this?

I was in terrible shape for about a week  and spent a lot of time in bed.  Now it seems like I have a repulsion for going to sleep.  I toss and turn, I feel uncomfortable and it takes me a few hours to finally doze off.  And ok, I'm not crazy, well maybe a little, but last night I felt really strange.  It felt like the bed moved. Seriously!  And I got up and I couldn't stop swaying, it felt like everything was moving.  I don't know if it was cause I was way over tired or my brain was doing weird things.  I didn't take any meds before bed and I ended up sleeping on the couch.  I did not sleep well as felt like I had been run over by a truck or something in the morning.

Should I be looking into booking myself into a rubber room?

Tags: sleep, issues
I know when I have a period like that and I begin to feel better, I become restless as if i've had too much coffee.  Like a surge of energy (or something that feels like energy) because i'm feeling better.  Being in bed for a week is a long time to be idle, even though one is not feeling well.

It sounds like you had a bout of vertigo (when everything seems to be spinning or flowing about).  If you have anything blooming it could be your sinuses (allergies) as they can effect your inner ear.  You could try some dramamine or sinus meds. before bedtime (without antihistimine).  If you lay awake in bed more than 30 min., get up and do something...then return and try to sleep again.  Most times this will help.  If the couch is more comfortable, sleep there.  A good nights rest is very important to the way our bodies will feel.

You sound normal to me...not crazy at all.

Take care and feel better soon.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've tried the majority of that already but I have been known for bouts of insomnia and my sinus' have been acting up since I had the flu at Christmas.  I'll Melatonin tonight and see if that helps.

Peace!
Ruthy