Fibromyalgia Community
Sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Sleep

Has anyone found a good bed? I have so many tenderpoints, especially my hips. I had a select comfort and it didn't really help. I also bought a comfort ewe, and it helps very little. Thanks
So sorry to hear about your sleep problems. I discovered that I sleep so much better on a plain old blow-up camping bed. The one I use is the store brand sold at Wal-Mart. The single costs about $11.00 and the electric pump cost $25.00. Since I sweat like crazy when I sleep, I had to double up on the quilted mattress covers. I blow it up to a comfortable firmness ( about 7 on an 1-to-10 scale) and I usually sleep comfortably.

For a long time I just slept on the floor and had to keep a chair nearby to help me stand in the mornings, but I built a frame for it a year ago so I can get in and out of it easier. The only problem I have with my airbed is my cat, who insists on sleeping with me every night. I won't have him declawed because I think it's cruel (imagine cutting your own fingers off at the first knuckle), so every once in awhile I have to either patch or replace my bed. What the heck, it's a small price to pay for a good night's sleep.

Are you taking any meds to help you sleep? I'm on 75mg Lyrica and .5 mg clonazepam at bedtime, which usually lets me get about 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which, for people like us, is a long time.

My husband and I both have trouble with our bodies and pain. We decided to purchase a Tempurpedic bed and it has helped our sleep. I also have a Tempurpedic pillow, which is good too. I am very picky about pillows. I have one though that has stuffing on one side and the memory foam on the other. It is very helpful for sore bodies.

We bought a generic version mattress though, made by a local mattress maker, so the price was a lot less, but the quality was just as good. We spent about $1100 USD, but we didn't buy the box spring. We chose to use our old box spring from our old mattress. It's sounds like a lot of money, but in the long run, I think it was really worth it.
Thanks for taking the time to answer. If we were all the same it would be easier, but there are so many different symptoms. Thanks again.