Fibromyalgia Community
So sick of this gggrrrrr

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

So sick of this gggrrrrr

Sorry i need a bit of a rant!!!

I'm sitting at the computer trying to look for wedding things and i feel sooo ill! my head & neck hurts,  my skin is actually really sore to touch i know it sounds strange but it is! , i feel like i have the flu, have random stabbing pains my bones & joints, i feel like i have a temperature but i don't.  I'm just sooooo sick of it, I was fine earlier today went and picked my wedding dress (which is absoloutly gorgeous by the way!)  and now i'm like this again, no of my family understand and i find i can't mention it as they then think i'm a hypocondriac!!! life's never easy

k

Welcome ! So many of us here will be able to relate to your post. I know I can.

Stress will make your symptoms worse, so I hope that you are able to somehow manage your stress and I do wish you the BEST with your wedding. You might want to consider treating yourself to a couple of massages beforehand. If you can't financial afford it (with the wedding costs and all)... you may want to try calling the massage schools in your city and finding out what their prices are. Often you can get very cheap massages there.

I've dealt with the family issues. (arg) Another thing you may want to consider is printing out information on fibromyaglia and CFS.  I would hand it to them and walk away. If you google "Dr. Garth Nicholson" --- you will immediately see his website address (The Institute of Molecular Medicine). You can click on "fatigue illness research" and read about all of the mycoplasmas and viruses that are found in both CFS and FM patients. You might want to print that page... perhaps also find the information on the Valcyte trial info as well. (Dr. Jose Montoya at Stanford University)

I don't think most people realize the heroic efforts that CFS & FM patients make on the daily basis.
I relate to all the things you mentioned.  I have checked myself with a thermometer so many times when I feel like I have a fever and actually don't (in fact just did an hour ago). It feels like a flu 24/7. The aches and pains are relentless.  It does flare up more during times of high stress. I agree with finding ways to relax and reduce the pain.

It is frustrating that family and friends (even physicians) don't seem to understand. I have already printed out information on fibro. and gave it to physicians, but family members need properly informed too. Perhaps each could take turns accompanying you to healthcare appointments to gain a better understanding.

Each day is a struggle.  Interesting information posted by Platelet Gal about the mycoplasms and viruses.  I suffer from swollen glands frequently and often feel like I am ill from a virus (like the flu) as I have already mentioned.  Absolutley something to look into!!

My Best to You and Your Wedding
I have been diagnosed with cfs for a few years now, the dr told me then handed me anafranil which is for people with narcolepsy, i couldn't take it at all, it made ten time more drowsy and weak, so since then my dr has done nothing.  my other dr in the surgery told me it was all in my head as he doesn't believe in cfs/fm/depression or generally anything you cant actually see!! so i tend to avoid him like the plague!  I do think i suffer with fm also but i don't really want to say to my dr.

I know what you mean ree4tu my glands also swell up regularly in differant places.

I think i'm more annoyed as i was fine during the summer, i have started medication to stop smoking and all my symtoms (symptoms) went away.  now my dosage has been cut and they have all came back with avengance!!  i'm near positive the tablets helped it's too much of a coincidence.

K