Fibromyalgia Community
Sore throats

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Sore throats

Do any of you get sore throats when you don't get enough sleep?.....I know sleep is def an issue with FM, but sometimes I'll only get about 3- 5 hrs of rest because I can't fall asleep till 3am then my kids wake me up soooo early. usually when this happens I'm stiff my neck hurts and I have a sore throat. Right now I feel like I got hit by a bus!
Yes, I do get sore throats as part of my fibro symptoms, however, I also have lupus and sore throats can go along with that also, so for me, it's sometimes difficult to determined which one is causing the problem!

And yes, lack of sleep most definitely can/will aggravate fibro symptoms.  It's a vicious cycle - we're not sleeping well because we are hurting and we hurt more because we are not sleeping well.  UGH!

Do you take any type of sleep aid to help you sleep?  If you are not currently taking one, you may want to ask your doctor about possibly prescribing one for you.  Many, many fibro patients find they need a sleep aid to help them get any kind of sleep - I'm one of them.

Best of luck!  Keep me posted on how you're doing!
yes I have a sleep aid, but I had a problem with my insurance and I wasn't able to refill any of my meds. I'm curently on 10 different kinds. It's been almost 2 mths now, and I'm feeling it. Hopefully on the 1st everything should be taken care of. Thanks for replying.
i have had the WORST sore throat for the last three months, part of what led to the fibro diagnosis. it is def worse when i don't get enough sleep. i had been using over the counter melatonin to help me fall asleep which worked ok for a while. hope you feel better!