Fibromyalgia Community
Still Searching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Still Searching

Hello. I started having issues a year ago where my whole body would lock up and I would lose control of either my car or fall where I was in screaming pain. I have a very high tolerance for pain so this was a little crazy and painful for me. I started out with chest pain and sweating so I assumed heartattack at 29. I was told by parametics that it was anixety since I have a past with some in it but no panic attacks like this but I run with it and refuse to go to hospital. I started seeing a therapist right before all of this Because my sons have adhd (TMI) not because I am crazy. Anyways, The attacks come and go therapist says it's not panic disorder or anxiety and go see a doctor. So I go and tell Doctor what happens and not everytime does it happen the same time. Doctor said You don't have insurance so there are only a few things I can do for you and so how much money are you able to spend. YES this was really said. Wished I had a tape recorder for that. She passed it as anxiety and gave me a 1 time trial of Zoloft. That didn't fix anything. I started to think I was going crazy. Then it happened at work and my husband had to carry me to the car and rush me to the hospital where I did 3 days of testing and because I have no insurance I was kinda just kicked around and Nureology said maybe fibro but I woud need to follow up with a doctor outside the hospital to see if this is the case. He gave me thyroid meds (because my Thyroid is lower then normal and I should get that checked out in 30 days too) with Baclofen a muscle relaxer. I have low blood pressure (which is news to me). I have been a perfect bill of health all my life and a little over a year ago my life has been on pins and needles hoping I don't lock up and kill myself or babies or burn my house down when I try to cook. I get health insurance soon but I still feel like they just wanted to get rid of me due to no insurance (which was fine by me for the moment because I hate hospitals anyways). Anyways I know this is alot but does anyone else lock up and can't move with Fibro and the pain unbearable? Sometimes I can feel it coming on but most of the time I just drop and cry and scream because thats all I can do until my body loosings up. No M.S. no Stroke. no heart attack. Any advice is better then none. I am sorry for any misspellings also.
locking up is not fibro. and i have never heard of it on any fibro forum.
you have some doctors that throw out fibro when they have something they don't understand even when the symptoms are nothing like fibro.

i will make a better guess and i am only a EMT.

i would guess Stiff Person Syndrome (SPS)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stiff_person_syndrome
http://www.stiffpersonsyndrome.net/

here is your problem .
if you walk into a doctor and say you have a disorder that has not been DXed by a doctor.they will automatically think you are a hypochondriac and dismiss it and send you to a shrink.

If you think you have this and the symptoms match tell you doctor that a retired doctor you know brought this up as a possibility.
Thanks for the advice and your time. I am reading up on what you are suggesting and find that it could be a possiblity. I have found out from the past visit to the E.R. that suggesting anything another Doctor said makes you look crazy and like you are doing their jobs. I do know that the team of doctors over my case was conflicting in their decision's.  Nuro said Fibro. Another M.D. said Non epiletic seizures and another said I was a very interesting case and I thoought I was on a house episode.LOL. I just want to know whats going on so I don't freak my kids out anymore or my Husband. I also don't like th pain and after effects it leaves behind. But again Thank you for the advice.