Stomach muscle pain?
Does anyone get pain in the upper stomach/rib area?  I get pain in my back which seems to radiate to my stomach and it is one of the most horrible symptoms yet.  I went to my family doctor because I thought maybe I had a gallbladder attack, but he said he thought it was the fibro attacking my abdominal muscles.  He gave me SOMA, which helped a little, but 2 hrs. later the pain was bad again.  I can't sleep at night and can't find a comfortable position.  Can anyone help?  I don't know what to do and none of the meds I have are helping.
Well I am sorry to inform you but I get the same pains & there is really nothing to take for it. I have found the only thing that has helped the pain subside some is to just go to bed and lay on your back and try and breath very easy and slow it always works for me. It sometime comes back if I end up getting up to soon after the pain has gone. I sometimes have to lay down 2 or 3 times for about 15-30 minutes each time for it to go away. I have no idea what makes the pain start or what makes it go away but that is how I remedy the situation. Hope it helps.It almost feels like someone is giving you a bear hug and won't let go.
I just replied on another post with similar symptoms.

I had a very site specific and intense pain under my ribcage, primarily on the left side although it would manifest on the right, at times.  I underwent emergency upper gi to see what the problem could be and after a number of tests, a lot of appointments...the docs chalked it up to IBS from the fibromyalgia (I also used to have stomach pains that would force me into bed and the only thing that would help would be to take drugs to actually knock me out...I called it my 'fibro stomach' and knew I just had to go home when it hit...bosses didn't care much for that)....

Anyway, not easily deterred, I continued to search for answers and found myself at an acupuncturist.  After a couple of treatments, the pains were non-existent and I haven't had an attack of 'fibro-stomach' in months!! I also take a pretty strong probiotic! The chiropractors appointments have also helped!

Good luck to you!
I am the same. What is the good ptobiotic you take please?
I just recently starting getting the same severe pain in my chest radiating down to my stomache as well.  Last night was the most horrible of them all.  I don't know what to do at this point.  Sorry I couldn't help.
Hi, I have fibromyalgia, sjorgrens eye disease, IBS, gerd, and a few other things. I'm in pain w4/7, however for some reason I have deep cramping pain on the right side of my body in kidney, liver area, and on the right side intestinal area, in the lower back area same side and upper right shoulder blade area, as well as entire ribcage cage,vespecially breast bone. I can only sleep on my left side. If I try laying on right side it starts to feel colicky, like something moving and cramping. Everyday I have this right side pain in same area for years. I've had CT scanscan to look at liver, kidneys, upper GILL, colonoscopy. My last colonoscopy was 10 yrs ago, I'm due in couple months for next one. Also I'm constipated all the time, been nothing but rocks for the ladt 3 months or so. When I saw gastro doc a bout 6 months ago, she gave m e samples of lioness meds for IBS. Have anyone had what I have?
Thank you for the replies.  At least I know I'm not alone, and it's probably fibro-related.  I really do not want to go to the ER.  They will just have me lie there for 12 hrs, and I can't take that!
Hi all,
I have been suffering from this problem (pain radiating from back to the front along the ribs, specially near the bottom edge of the rib cage, and stronger on the right side of my body) for around 3 years now. I have done zillions of tests, talked to millions of doctors, and nothing to show for it  :(
the only thing keeping me together is my physio sessions, twice a week. and some weeks even that does not help....
Question: do any of you see a correlation between pain and your diet? my pain started gradually about 3 years ago shortly after I became vegetarian.
hope we all get well soon
I have been having extreme abdominal pain for the last 2 and a half yrs.have been to the ER several times and had all types of Gi work ups with no real answers.Finally found a doctor at rehab medicine/pain management who started me on Lyrica.As soon as I took the first couple of doses I had almost instant relief.Also Gabapentin may work for some however for myself it makes me ill.as far as constipation I found a product called linzess which works great for me.
I suffer from fibromyalgia and for the last 10 years I have suffered from the same abdominal pain mainly middle and down the right side. Have been at a loss of how to ease it. I'm very limited with the food that I can eat so it doesn't agrivate it....in fact I've only eaten the same 3 foods for over 2 years. Please....is anyone else or has anyone else been this restricted with their diet....and have they overcome this at all..  Thanks for any help....Caryl (NZ)
Yes! One time it was so bad I couldn't communicate and got rushed to the ER -- they thought I was having a heart attack! I felt so embarassed when the tech told me it was just fibro but it was such an exhausting experience. I still get those attacks! They're just awful but I have found that stretching out and alternating a rocking movement helps cut the outburst short!