Fibromyalgia Community
Stomach muscle pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Stomach muscle pain?

Does anyone get pain in the upper stomach/rib area?  I get pain in my back which seems to radiate to my stomach and it is one of the most horrible symptoms yet.  I went to my family doctor because I thought maybe I had a gallbladder attack, but he said he thought it was the fibro attacking my abdominal muscles.  He gave me SOMA, which helped a little, but 2 hrs. later the pain was bad again.  I can't sleep at night and can't find a comfortable position.  Can anyone help?  I don't know what to do and none of the meds I have are helping.
Well I am sorry to inform you but I get the same pains & there is really nothing to take for it. I have found the only thing that has helped the pain subside some is to just go to bed and lay on your back and try and breath very easy and slow it always works for me. It sometime comes back if I end up getting up to soon after the pain has gone. I sometimes have to lay down 2 or 3 times for about 15-30 minutes each time for it to go away. I have no idea what makes the pain start or what makes it go away but that is how I remedy the situation. Hope it helps.It almost feels like someone is giving you a bear hug and won't let go.
I just replied on another post with similar symptoms.

I had a very site specific and intense pain under my ribcage, primarily on the left side although it would manifest on the right, at times.  I underwent emergency upper gi to see what the problem could be and after a number of tests, a lot of appointments...the docs chalked it up to IBS from the fibromyalgia (I also used to have stomach pains that would force me into bed and the only thing that would help would be to take drugs to actually knock me out...I called it my 'fibro stomach' and knew I just had to go home when it hit...bosses didn't care much for that)....

Anyway, not easily deterred, I continued to search for answers and found myself at an acupuncturist.  After a couple of treatments, the pains were non-existent and I haven't had an attack of 'fibro-stomach' in months!! I also take a pretty strong probiotic! The chiropractors appointments have also helped!

Good luck to you!
I just recently starting getting the same severe pain in my chest radiating down to my stomache as well.  Last night was the most horrible of them all.  I don't know what to do at this point.  Sorry I couldn't help.
Thank you for the replies.  At least I know I'm not alone, and it's probably fibro-related.  I really do not want to go to the ER.  They will just have me lie there for 12 hrs, and I can't take that!
Hi all,
I have been suffering from this problem (pain radiating from back to the front along the ribs, specially near the bottom edge of the rib cage, and stronger on the right side of my body) for around 3 years now. I have done zillions of tests, talked to millions of doctors, and nothing to show for it  :(
the only thing keeping me together is my physio sessions, twice a week. and some weeks even that does not help....
Question: do any of you see a correlation between pain and your diet? my pain started gradually about 3 years ago shortly after I became vegetarian.
hope we all get well soon