Fibromyalgia Community
Suboxone and Fibromyalgia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Suboxone and Fibromyalgia

Has anyone here used Suboxone for pain of Fibromyalgia? I was diagnosed in 2000. Even saw 3 specialist to confirm my diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. I became addicted after 2 years. I went from Lortab to Oxycontin. To stay on top of the pain, I was on alot of Oxycontin and that scared me! I moved to Alaska and the change in weather did help alot. But that was short lived. I was lucky to find a very compassionate doctor! We put together a good plan that has for the most part worked very well. This is what I am now taking-Suboxone 8mg 4xday, Ryzolt (Ultram sr) 300mg 1 daily, Cymbalta  2-60mg daily, Flexerl 10mg 2xday, Serex 30mg x3day, Nuvigil 150mg 1-daily, Motrin 800 2-3 daily. I know it sounds like alot, but when your in alot of pain it really isn't. I did move out of state, but moved back because I could not receive the meds I was on. Suboxone is very expensive if you don't have coverage. Every state is different. I also found out just how much it helped when I didn't have these meds. Now after 5 years I'm having to re-adjust my meds and lifestyle. I know I need to exercise and change my diet. I can say this from my experience, Suboxone saved my life! I would like to know others experiences!