Fibromyalgia Community
TENS unit?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

TENS unit?

I wondered if anyone has a TENS unit? My doc. gave me a scrip for one, but I haven't checked on it yet. My thought is that it would help those big muscles across my upper back that hurt SOOOOOOO bad. Any thoughts on these TENS units?
Hi Karen,

My friend Cathy, who has fibro, has a TENS unit and she says that it helps her a great deal... especially on the bad days. The good news is... the thing has a control volume, so you can control the vibrations.

I hope it helps you with your symptoms !
when i was going to the chiro they would use a   T.E.N.S unit on my muscles on my upper back that were stiff and hard as a rock and it worked so well,,the pain and tightness eased up quit a bit.  Good luck and feel better
Bought my TENS machine a few weeks ago it is relly good better than pills,but you have to put the electrod pads on the meaty skin area not the boney parts and get it as near to the pain spot.Better than any drug and you cant overdose on it,its amuch healthier alternative, but some pain probs you do need something.Nothing i take does much to help me,have a low tolerance to meds,so get that machine its great.
I am an x-ray tech and therapist working for a chiropractor and we use the tens unit as well as I use it at home and i would definately recommed it! It is wonderful for working out tight, sore and stiff muscles.  We recommend to leave it on for 30 minutes and then give yourself a break for 15-30 minutes as not only does it feel good but it is working those muscles so you don't want to over do it! But you should defiantely get one!! If you have any questions about it you can ask me as I teach people how to use them every day!

Paige :)