Fibromyalgia Community
The Doctor staarted me on 75 mg of Lyrica

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Do any of yo take Lyrica for pain ? And how much do you take? Is it working at all for you?
Hi;
   I tried Lyrica but the only thing it did for me was make me sick. My Rheumy changed me over to Ultram ER 200mg twice a day. This has helped me more than anything.

gentle hugs
Angel
I take 400 mgs. of  Lyrica.  It has helped a great deal with the bone pain, burning and some of the numbing sensations.   The muscle pain is increasing...maybe because of the weather,so I'm not sure if the lyrica has helped that at all.   Good luck to you!  And may we all have our lives back soon!
I used to take lyrica but came off it after having a pyscotic episode and putting on 2 st it took me 6 months to come off it and in those 6 months i lost one and a half st.

I found it worked but only each time i uped it and then 6 weeks later it would need uping again i went up to 600mg.

i found it help for a year but i'm more pain controlled on fentannal patches 100 and clonazpam and requip.

hope you get on well with it.

sam
how many times per day are you taking your dose of meds?
trippedoutgirl - whom were you directing your question towards?  

I was taking 75mg of Lyrica twice a day and found it did help with the pain.  I discontinued it due to the cognitive problems it caused.  Some here have had immediate relief, others say after a few mos., and for some it didn't provide relief at all.

Is it helping you?
i was taking 600 mg a day spread over the day different strengths.
I take a total of 300 mg daily, broken out over two doses. It has helped some, but due to the cost I cannot get it refilled when it runs out. I will be going back to either Vicoden or Tramadol. I also use a Duragesic patch, 25 mcg every three days.  I still have plenty of break through pain though.
I take 250 mgs of Lyrica twice a day. It has really eased the pain some, better than neurontin, ultram, flexeril and etc. Big problem is have to sleep 6 hours before drving as it contributes to fibro fog. But with fibro, Pad, OA RLS & nerve pain in arm and leg I will stay on Lyrica. Hope it or another med will help you.
Monkey1Mill
I have taken lyrica all of three times now the first time I felt so weird I stopped taking it I was prescribed 75mg for nerve pain due to herniated disc's from s1 to l4 it helped somewhat with pain now this time I took it two days ago I felt so weird again I felt sleepy confused forgetful drunk like I didn't like it at all so I took it last night but still felt the same effects this morning and this afternoon so I'm going to take it a few more times before bed before I decide if I should continue using it.