The Latest Fibromyalgia Research
The Italian journal Reumatismo just published a 77-pages special onFMS (text in English) :

http://www.reumatismo.org/dettaglioSupplementi.asp?language=it&anno=2008&numero=1&volume=60

uk2
this was a really informative report thanks for the link. It has me see that fibro does have extremes like mine you never see this in the usual info you look up so once again thanks
I'm glad that at least one person has checked out this link... knowledge is power and the fact that most physicians are 10-15 years behind in research is scary when you have CFS or fibro.
Thanks for the link. It is a lot of information. I do agree with the findings. The doctors here need to get on the ball . We need help and fast. There is so much research that needs to be done. I hope and pray it will be done soon rather than later. Take Care

Gentle Hugs
Gee
Thank you so much for this link.  I was diagnosed in 2000 with Fibromyalgia but suffered many years before being diagnosed.  I was diagnosed with PTSD in 2003.  I always thought the two were connected.  The constant vigilance, insomnia, and muscle tension since I was about five has surely caused this condition.  It was encouraging to see that studies are proving what I always suspected about why I have this debilitating condition.  I am more hopeful than ever that soon there will be more answers for the cause and treatment of Fibromyalgia.  Very informative article.  Thank you.
uk2
It wont just be me or the other two as i copied the link and sent this to 3 other friends with fibro and i am sure they will send it on as i thought it was so important for others to know information i cant believe how behind we are in this country the uk we treat the dying better then we do those who live there lives in chronic constant pain there does not seem to be any help for us its like we have to go away and just live like this there are MS nurses,cancer nurses,muscular dystrophy nurse etc etc no chronic pain clinic or FM nurse or centre we can go to there are two specialist i know of in research in the whole uk maybe i am wrong and i see one in london on the nhs but i only get to see him once a yr there is no use seeing a normal rheumy as they have no clue how to treat it.

sam
"We need help and fast."

I agree. I've read about rheumatologists complaining because they are seeing fibromyalgia patients and think that neurologists should be (I would have to agree because fibro is a neuro-immune condition... so is CFS). But this needs to end and I'm still reading that med school students are still not really being taught about fibro or CFS. This is a tragedy. They talk about the Swine flu being a pandemic.... well so are these "syndromes" and autommune diseases.
Thanks for the link. I try to do a sweep of the internet every so often and read anything new I can find concerning FM. When I was first diagnosed, I prob read everything there was for about 6 months. I keep hoping I will come across some miracle cure! HA!

I cant imagine having to live with the type of healthcare yall have in the UK. I hope our President is NOT successful in forcing governement healthcare on us!