Fibromyalgia Community
The disease: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, or POTS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

An article from an Oregon newspaper about postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). Of course POTS is often seen in many Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients and/or patients who have autoimmune conditions.

If you have any of the symptoms mentioned in the article, then I would talk to your physician about ordering tilt table testing on you to rule out POTS.

http://www.bendbulletin.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090531/NEWS0107/905310408/1001/NEWS01&nav_category=NEWS01
I've had it for years.
The symptoms of this sound so like what I go through...and have been going through since I was a teenager.  I have low blood pressure to begin with, so any drop is bad.  They always tested me for vertigo, which they said I did not have...yet they never did any testing for this condition.  

Thanks for the info. Platelet.  I'm going to specifically ask about this at my next visit.

I meant to ask something.  Do either of you have problems closing your eyes and standing still?  I can't do it at all...I will literally fall over.
Yes.  I also have that problem.  The biggest problem for me regarding this issue is getting up from a sitting or squatting position.  I see stars and feel like I will pass out.  I have to take it slow.  My BP drops to 60/40.
Thank you for letting me know Patsy.  I have had a history of falling down stairs and loosing my balance.  The last fall cost me dearly.  I get that sensation also, even if I lean over to pick up something.  It's good to know what is causing it.  Wish they had bothered testing me when it first began...it's horrible to experience and scary too.
I did not get tested as I knew what it was.  The tilt table testing is not fun and I don't want to take medication for it so I figured I would just deal with it (like all the other symptoms).

Are you still on antibiotic therapy ? If so, you may see your blood pressure stabilize months later.
I had to stop temporarily but I'm back on now.  So we'll see.
I hear that.  I'm not fond of having to take any more medications either.  I have learned to take it slow and easy, getting my balance before trying to walk...and I absolutely do not climb or stand on anything anymore.  I'm terrified of falling again.

Lol @ "all the other symptoms"...ain't that the truth!!!  
It certainly is!

btw... MedHelp has a great forum on dysautonomia autonomic disorders, including POTS. Here is the link if you are interested in asking questions about your blood pressure and/or treatment options:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Dysautonomia-Autonomic-Dysfunction/show/266
I've added this link to our health pages under "members testimonials and links to some of our better discussions".

For anyone who doesn't know where our health pages are or hasn't checked them out yet, I highly recommend doing so. There is a ton of information and tools to help you feel confident about your diagnosis and/or treatment options.