Fibromyalgia Community
The fog is so thick I think I am crazy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

The fog is so thick I think I am crazy

I was diagnosed with Fibro recently but have known or should I say suspected for a long time I had it.  Please bear with me if I start to remble but I have SOOOO many questions that I am just looking for people to tell me I have not lost my mind.  Suprisingly, I can deal with the pain on most days.  I have only had a few times where I am completely unable to move.  I am lucky, I know.  However, my husband seems to think I am an incapable of doing anything.  He tells me to constantly sit but has absolutely NO IDEA how to manage a household.  I know that's pathetic.  He was very much a momma's boy and never had to do this stuff himself.  Where he doesn't understand is the emotional anguish that has seemed to taken over.  I lose my train of thought constantly, I get easily distracted by the things around me, I cry ALOT, i get mad at him about something and unfortunately will blow up about everything he has ever done wrong in the course of me telling him he forgot to put the toilet seat down.  LOL  I know I know  petty.  I swear I feel like I am losing my mind half the time and he looks at me like I have 3 heads or he rolls his eyes and huffs and puffs.  I get the ' FINE, I am not going to do or say ANYTHING anymore, All you do is end up crying or getting mad'  UGHHHHH  

Like right now I am going through the I must be a bad mom because I can't seem to think straight enough to help the kids with their homework.   He doesn't understand why I want to be the one that does it and get upset when he says he will...  Am I crazy?  Is it the FOG?  I just don't understand why I am like an emotional roller coaster and NOTHING seems to make me happy and content anymore.

Mentally and Physically Exhausted in Connecticut
Tags: fog, head, crazy, Kids, fibro
  Hang in there, I dont have fibro but I have been through the ringer and I know how you feel, take the good with the bad and educate those who live with you on what you are going through, hope it gets better, if need someone to drop a line to I will try to check at least once a week as I just got off tx. but here is some good info on fibro.

Fibromyalgia syndrome affects the muscles and soft tissue. Fibromyalgia symptoms include chronic pain in the muscles, fatigue, sleep problems, and painful tender points or trigger points at certain parts of the body.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. Researchers believe that fibromyalgia amplifies painful sensations by affecting the way your brain processes pain signals.

Symptoms sometimes begin after a physical trauma, surgery, infection or significant psychological stress. In other cases, symptoms gradually accumulate over time with no single triggering event.

Women are much more likely to develop fibromyalgia than are men. Many people who have fibromyalgia also have tension headaches, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety and depression.

While there is no cure for fibromyalgia, a variety of medications can help control symptoms. Exercise, relaxation and stress-reduction measures also may help.