Fibromyalgia Expert Forum
Tingling Feeling in entire body

This expert forum is for questions and information regarding Fibromyalgia. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Tingling Feeling in entire body

I 46 years old africian american woman who have been having this tingling  and shaking inward feeling in my entire body for over a year....it started out with tingling in the toes and later my hands and have spreaded to my entire body...I get feeling of being very hot to being very cold.... one doctor prescribed lyrica ...now the shaking really affects my stomach, especially at night, it makes me feel like I'm going to lose it.  along with that my right foot usually appears to have a fungus on the entire outside(which is not painful but often looking and I know its not healthy) I usually put something on it to calm it down and a month or so later small blister appears and it have a rough look..I also have constant ringing in the ears and sometimes at night I see weird vision until I fall asleep...what could all of this mean...could it be my nervous system, diabetic, or what I need some help asap!
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I’m really sorry to hear about your condition . The symptoms could be of  an autoimmune disease .Some examples are -  Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy  characterised by  swelling and destruction of myelin sheath over the nerves resulting in numbness and tingling all over the body and  Multiple sclerosis that affects the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord )and impairs the nerve signals thus causing neurological symptoms. Patients usually  feel numbness, tingling, pain, burning, and visual disturbances along with tremors .
Other important causes that need to be ruled out are Diabetes and heavy metal poisoning . Please get yourself checked for these . Diabetes and metal poisoning  causes neuropathy thus resulting in numbness , tingling , ringing in the ears etc . Skin lesions may also be associated .
Nerve symptoms may also be caused by a lot of other factors – Pressure on peripheral  nerves , Pressure on spinal nerves , Herpes Zoster infection , underactive thyroid , Raynaud’s phenomenon  or toxic nerve damage .
Please consult your doctor and get the routine tests done – blood tests , thyroid tests , Sugar levels and other investigations suggested  by the doctor after complete examination . I would suggest you to go for MRI of brain and spine , Full body scan and nerve conduction studies and consult a neurologist . The skin problem may or may not be related to the nerve problems . Please consult  a dermatologist for the examination of the leg . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !
1 Comment
A related discussion, tingling, numbness, dizziness etc..... was started.