Fibromyalgia Community
Tis The Season....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Tis The Season....

Thank you again, Prof. Nicolson. To view the document, it will ask you for your username and password... just click on "CANCEL" and you will be able to view it.

Effects of a Dietary Weight Loss Supplement on Fatigue, Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss: Implications for CFS patients.

http://www.immed.org/whatsnew/whats%20new%2011.23.08updates/NicolsonIACFSabstract3.rtf
I'm always wary of new supplements, but I also try to keep an open mind.  Has anybody tried this?

As someone who has had CFS for years and years... I am also wary of supplements, herbs, etc.  It may surprise some people here, but I've purchased ****  that didn't work at all. However, I did find relief... not with drugs, but with alternative medicine (of course at the time I was undiagnosed and working many hours. At least I was more functional then)

What I'm finding is that many prescription drugs don't give any relief... at least for fibro patients (according to our poll here). And that the majority (if I remember right) of fibro patients have had some relief with alternative medicine (another poll we did here).

Nicolson's research is just that.... the results of his study. What I like about his institute is that it is from a non-profit organization and the mission of his institute is to find cures for chronic illnesses. It is my opinion that the pharmaceutical companies KNOW how to cure some of these chronic diseases... yet they would prefer to create and manufacture new drugs for palliative care instead.
This is quite interesting.  Fibro also tends to increase weight (or it has for me), because we are not able to exercise as we would like to.  In order to exercise enough to make a difference and burn up calories, we would pay for it the next two-three days.  It's very difficult to get the extra weight off.  

I haven't tried this Robin, but with the results being that 44% saw a decrease in craving sweets and less hunger, i'm seriously thinking about it.  I know that my cholestrol and triglycerides went off the wall recently (normal trigs are 150; mine was 333) and i'd prefer something like this, as opposed to taking Lipitor the rest of my life.  

Thanks so much for sharing this PlateletGal.