Trigger Point Therapy and Crunching NEED HELP
I have Fibromyalgia and have been doing trigger point for tight and painful muscles from my waist to my neck.

The tightness and pressure have been reduced, along with some stabbing nerve pain, but now I have crunching (crepitus) everywhere, everytime I move, mostly in my back muscles and sternum and ribs. Is this OK and expected, due to loosened muscles, and when will it stop?  It does feel sore (not stabbing), and reduces my desire to do regular stretching. PLEASE send your suggestions, solutions, and remedies!
I never knew the "crunching" had a clinical name!  I do it, too, and it's my euphemism for my condition.  Instead of giving a detailed answer to "How are you?" on my bad days, I just say, "I'm crunchy."

I have it in my knees, hips, shoulders, and spine, and neck.  Whether or not it's OK I can't tell you, but it feels less sore with movement.   It's tough when it hurts, because I don't feel like moving at all.  However, the more stretching, moving, and deep breathing I do, the better I feel.  I got over the tendancy to pop a pain pill when I realized that stretching and breathing helped in less than five minutes, while a pill can take up to half an hour to kick in.  This is not to say I don't use pain meds, because I do, but I rely on them a lot less than I used to.