Fibromyalgia Community
Ungh....now what is going on?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Ungh....now what is going on?

My name is Leslie, and I'm 38 years old.  Iwas Dx'd in 1999 with Fibromyalgia. Before that it was IBS in 1992, and Migraines in 1990.  In 2003, my Dr. sent me to the neurologist for an MRI suspecting that MS. The MRI came back negative at that time for brain lesions, but revealed a herniated bulge in my C5-7. my doctor of many years retired shortly thereafter. At the time,I was living in on the east coast and now reside in NW Arkansas.  To date, no medications have helped except a couple which help take an edge off the extreme pain, but nothing relieves me enough to where I feel "well". I fight not to have to use my cane or wheelchairs.  Two years ago at age 36, was Dx'd with Diabetes Type II and last year with Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. with erosion to my esophagus and duodenum. In the last couple months however, I've begun having lower facial spasms around my left cheek and mouth area. I feel lucky to get much of anything done anymore and the ability to do a lot despite water exercising is minimal. This concerns my husband and I. Any thoughts?

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through. I do know that muscle spasms are common in people with fibromyalgia.

It is actually an off shoot of FMS. Myofacial syndrome I believe.  Or look up Bell's Palsy and Lyme disease.  See if your newest symptoms fit with those diseases. Good luck hope you find the problem and you feel better.
i am sorry for all that happened to you ,all those poroblems you mentioned are related ,one triggers the other,and the mother of all these problem is depression ,am happy to know you are still fighting them out,.
Hi, Leslie.  I see that your post was in 2007, but perhaps you still check MedHelp or perhaps others are experiencing what I am experiencing.  Today, I have a colonoscopy -- the prep didn't start working until 3 a.m.!  I also have Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Type 2, Hypothyroidism, cervical dystonia (constant muscle spasms in the neck/shoulders/parts of the back, chronic headaches, depression, and generalized anxiety disorder, and on and on.   Some of these conditions are called "Syndrome X," and it affects mostly women.  I'm wondering if there are others out there on this planet that can identify with my "diseases."  Sometimes, it's a struggle to get going for the day.  Thanks.
I forgot to mention that I also suffer from GERD; in fact, I have Barrett's Esophagus, which is a precursor to Esophageal cancer.  In 1994, I had a surgical procedure called a "Nissen Laproscopic Fundoplion to help with the GERD.  By now (2011), the helpfulness of the procedure has gotten to the point where it was before the surgery.  I had a hiatial hernia fixed with that procedure, but it's come back.  Sometimes I feel I can't win for losing.
Typo:  should have spelled it " Fundoplication."
how long was it before the doctor decided to repair your hiatal hernia