Fibromyalgia Community
Vascular sensations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Vascular sensations

Anyone ever get what I describe as "vascular sensations" in your neck or head? I had one doctor tell me it was just my nerves and a couple others tell me it was nothing. If they actually felt it they would probably think different. Most of the time it's not painful but it can be a little disturbing. I will get them in the front of the neck and the back of the neck and then sometimes on the back of the head and the side of my face. I think I have even felt them in my eyes a couple of times.

I had a clean head MRI a few months ago. I suppose these "vascular" symptoms are another possible symptom of CFS and/or high EBV titers?
wow. I can't believe I saw this on here.  I just called my doctor today and complained about the same thing, I think.  Twice now I have had my left cheek to go numb.  A small area in the center of my throat went numb at the same time.  I have other areas of my body that have been numb for awhile.  My doctor has been pretty rude to me.  He has told me that it's all in my head.  When my throat and cheek went numb, I was beginning to believe him.  I would love to hear back from you to know if your experience was anything like mine to know if maybe I'm not just nuts!
yeah.there are docs out there who develops a god complex.us mere patients couldn't possibly know what or how we're feeling. I really hate the dismissal and the arrogance.some docs need to go back to school and learn people skills 101.maybe they're above all that who knows. if they had a different approach we might all be on a better road to recovery. when we seek medical assistance we are basically hiring that MD to do a job.the analogy here is... the MD is in a word,the employee.if my boss had a complaint,or a request and i got arrogant or dismissed him.i'd either get written up or fired...to: itsallinmyhead1969...no it isn't.