Fibromyalgia Community
Weather &Fibromyaligia--bad combo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Weather &Fibromyaligia--bad combo?

I was just wondering does the weather affect fibromyalgia? Like today it has rained all day, very gray, depressing day. I had a horrible headache I think it came from the tenseness in my neck. My legs throb. But I forced myself to clean all day. But I feel like my body needs more physical stress, because I have been off work for three weeks, and when I'am at work It's physical to the point that I sweat. So when I stop working, its like I don't feel right, mentally or phyically. I go back to work Wensday....:-) Is this coming from fibo?

thankyou for reading this...

Kalie
Weather does affect the Fibro. Stress also aggrevates the problem. When the barometric pressure is low in the area you will feel it. I also can tell when fronts come through. I get the inflamation (inflammation) and swelling. This is sort of like RA.
I totally agree.  The FM makes us a human barometer!  You can tell when a weather front is coming.  Cold/rainy days are the worst.

Here's to sunny days! hope you feel better,
K
Weather and seasonal changes affect the way I feel all the time. Extreme or abrupt weather changes will send me into a flareup every time. I can tell when a cold front is coming through at least 2 days in advance because that's when my muscles hurt the most, but the flareup doesn't necessarily end with the bad weather. I just have to let the flare run its course.

Just like weather changes, seasonal changes affect my FMS. My worst times of the year are the winter/spring and summer/fall transitions. Extreme hot and cold weather make me feel like I'm one raw nerve, but the hot, humid last days of Southeastern Ohio summers are the worst. That's when I stay inside and hug my AC.
Thankyou for responding to my post, my husband thinks i am crazy when I tell him the weather  affects me. Today I feel a lot better, because my boss called and I started working. But for some reason I have been really short tempered. Its just werid because I thought for so many years that I have severe anxiety and depression, and I am realizing that it all might be coming from fibro..

Kalie
It's one of the worst factors for Fibro people. I live in Seattle. we have a lot of barometric highs and lows cause of rainy weather. It's torture.  It causes headaches, severe aches and pains.  My doctors office is jammed pack with fibro patients during this time of year.  So keep up your immune systems with Grapefruit seed extract, Astragulas, and Vitamin D.  It helps me soooooo much.  Best to all of you.
I believe fibro is caused by several things to why so many people have it. First off, something that is put into our foods & drinks, second of all, those who strains their muscles by a lot of use & weather makes it worse, as so does tomatoe products & dairy.
Some people's scalp(head) also swells up & gets severe migraines.
My suggestion is keep children away from over the counter medications, tomatoe & dairy products of all ages & most of all live in a warm climate like out west where it's dry heat & a massage helps tremendously.