Weather Fluctuations
Does anyone get severe pain when the weather changes?  What I mean is, the weather here in Pennsylvania has been going from for instance 28 degrees to 53 degrees.  The temperature is supposed to be 61 on Sunday and appears that I have a really bad time with these fluctuations.  I tend to be okay (meaning in not as much pain) then in a few hours time I am in agonizing pain.  I often cry because nothing stops this pain and it's just too unbearable.  Last night was one of those nights.  I don't want to hear any noise, there is pain all through my body.  What do you do in situations like this?

I think we all have a really hard time with weather changes. It's really been hard on me as well. The best thing I can do to help stop the pain from hurting so bad is to have a hot as I can stand shower. I can't take a bath, I had a knee replaced and it's tough to get in and out of the tub. After the shower I get into my bed and try to stay still. I also use my heating pad. I hope you start feeling better.

gentle hugs
Angel
Thank you, I can take a bath but for some reason I get really dizzy while sitting in a heated tub of water and don't stay in there long.
I don't have fibro pain but do have pretty bad sciatica pain and I can tell you that weather fluctuations directly affect it. My kids say I am the barometer for weather changes because of it, so I would not be surprised if fibro pain was also affected.  Hope your weather levels out so you don't have that increase in pain.
Thank you, the weather will level out some when the spring arrives but then it will be raining like crazy and that doesn't help.  Can't win for losing.
LOL yeah. My body doesn't like cloudy days. Both my migraines and my fibro (mainly in the joints) make big protests at that.
Oh yes.  I live in your neighboring state so we have the same weather.  Cool, damp, rainy days are the worst for me.
Definitely.  Cold or damp weather makes me achy all over and sets off neuropathy due to the implant I have.  I also do not tolerate heat well...it makes me weak, dizzy and ill.  I tend to stay inside where i'm most comfortable, but do enjoy those days where the humitidy is low.  

Having FMS/CFS stinks :-(  but we do understand how you feel and will help you through.  Take care.
This was actually the pinpoint thing that got me into the doctor! I have a lot of trouble when the weather changes. Not necessarily when it's cold and stays cold, but lately in Colorado the weather has been going anywhere from 28 at night to nearly 70 in the day. This DAILY fluctuation is KILLING ME. The only thing that seems to help is sleeping, which I can't do. I find myself trying to be more active on those days, cleaning, walking, anything. But as I'm sure anyone who suffers chronic pain, I also find myself gritting my teeth and holding back tears...
Thank you VaBreeze, this past summer is when I actually threw in the towel of working.  The humidity, clouds and rain and taken the claw on me and I was done with trying to push myself everyday to get to work and on drugs.

You guys have all been such a blessing.

You're quite welcome deedee.
This is the first time Ive posted so I hope Im doing this right. I certainly can agree to the fact that I too have lots of pain on those days when the weather changes. Today my wrist,hands,back, chest wires from open heart surgery are all in so much pain. My pain pills are not relieving it and sometimes I feel like I just cant stand it. I live in Indiana and we've gone from below zero last friday to around 50 degrees. I can identify with everyone here thats why I wanted to chime in.
I guess all we can do is hang in there, continue to get support here and encourage each other that tomorrow will hopefully be a better day.