What are chronic neuroimmune diseases (CNDS)?
Variously called chronic neuroimmunological disease, chronic neuroimmunoendocrinological disease, or chronic immunological neurological disease, these are biologically multi-systemic diseases most likely caused by infective, genetic, and environmental factors. These diseases and disorders, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, multiple chemical sensitivities, are documented in the medical literature, but as of yet there is no known cause, no cure, and no magic bullet. Unfortunately, the majority of the general public (and a big chunk of the medical professions) find it easier to dismiss these very real conditions as being "all in our heads." Ironically, these disorders are in our heads, in our brains, to be exact, not the hypochondriasis or psychosomatization, but some very real functional and organic changes in our brain, and how the brain, immune, and endocrine systems functions and responds to input from the world around us and dysfunctions within us. What is the prognosis for those who have one or more of these disorders? Some regain a degree of health, some remain the same, and some worsen over time. There are many treatment options available and often treatments work well for some and not at all for others. It takes patience and commitment, but improvement is possible for many.

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=what+is+neuroimmune&page=1&qsrc=0&ab=0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cndsinfo.net%2F

Good post ! Did you know that autism is a chronic neuroimmune disease ? I didn't know that many children with autism have immune problems, such as yeast, until I heard Jenny McCarthy speak about her child on the Larry King show.

I did not know this until I found the information pertaining to what neuroimmune meant.  They also lean towards this dx with ADHD, ALS and other neurological diseases.  It's a shame that they will not place FMS/CFS in this category and acknowledge it as such.  I don't believe we will see this take place until they find a way to actually prove their existence to the medical arena.  It's for sure that they won't be giving the brain imaging scan to all who present because of the cost involved.