Fibromyalgia Community
What causes my muscle pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

What causes my muscle pain?

Hello there. I've been having constant muscle pain for a year now in several parts of my body. I'm not sure how to exactly describe the pain, but it seems to resemble that of muscle soreness or a muscle strain. Basically, It feels the same as it would 3-4 days after a muscle strain occurs, when the pain goes from unbearable to irritating, only in my case the pain doesn't go away after the next few days/weeks, it stays indefinetly. My first symptom was a very painful foot strain that happened about a year ago. I was able to run again within a week but even today it hurts and i can't stretch it properly. This problem seems to have spread to other parts of my body. I would get injured and the pain would decrease, but never go away. I haven't noticed any muscle weakness and my CK levels are normal. I got blood tests for autoimmune diseases and they were all negative. I noticed that I have decreased thirst, which might have something to do with it, and i noticed that my scalp hurts when i run my fingers through my hair(strange). Does anybody know what might be causing all of this? Could it be some kind of metabolic disorder? One other thing that I considered but it might be stupid is that maybe the muscle hypertrophy in my body isn't working as it shoud( the microfractures im my muscles might not be getting compensated for).

This discussion is related to Muscle tightness and pain.
Do you take a multivitamin everyday? I would make sure you've got one with enough Vit D, Magnesium and Potassium. Fibromyalgia causes muscle pain and sometimes it can be so intense it feels like a bruise at times. I know because that is how I've described it to my doctor. You may want to look into Mitochondrial Disease. That is something I've been doing a lot of research on these days. You can google it. Good luck.
-Dusty
Hi, dustybrown. I have been taking a lot of Vit D for the last month and a half (about 10 000 U.I. per day) and multivitamin(pills were called Dualtabs). As for the other things you mentioned, I'll take a look into it. Thank you very much for commenting.
Hi, You are the only other person that I have run into that your scalp hurts. So does mine, I thought I was nuts but I recently found a book (Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain ) , and in it it says that, and many other things that have come up. Your pain could also be myofascial pain. I have both and somedays it can be tough.  I think not knowing is the worst part. Good luck!!!!

Pat
Hey Pat, do you have any other strange symptoms like decreased thirst, normal muscle strength but pain in muscles,etc.?