Fibromyalgia Community
What is this pain in the trigger points called?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

It's very hard to describe this pain, so I would like to know what this pain is called, so I can talk to my doctor about this pain.  I've been getting this pain in all the trigger points that comes in waves and is very debilitating because it will make me double over in pain.  Of course, it seems to be the worst at night when I want to sleep.  On top of all this pain, I'm getting lots of parasthesis or neuropathy firing all over the place as well.  I have the chronic pain and aching, but the pain that comes in waves, does anyone know what that is called?  It seems to be the worst in my lower extremities, too.
Tags: CFS/FMS
I'm not sure there is a name other than "joint pain".  One can only describe the symtoms (symptoms)...burning, shooting, searing, chronic, periodic, etc.  Your physician will understand by your description of it.

Hope you can see your physician soon and start feeling better quickly.  Take care.