Fibromyalgia Community
What now? Any help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

What now? Any help?

A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I've been on Savella (50 mg) for 2 months, Zoloft (50 mg) for a month, Vimovo for 3+ months, a daily vitamin, and vitamin D. Recently I was given Lortab 5-500 mg to take when the pain is unbearable. It only takes the edge off though. The Zoloft does nothing. The Savella isn't doing much. And I don't know if the Vimovo is having an effect or not. The doctors visits are getting very expensive and so are the prescriptions, so I'm weary of going again. I don't really know much about this condition, and really haven't had anyone try to help other than prescribe more and more meds. Is that all that can be done? Is there something I should take that will make the pain and exhaustion cease? Is there something I should be doing to improve things? Over the past 4 months I have gotten so bad. Work is becoming almost impossible for me. Please, what do I do?
I have had this for seven years and it took a long time to find a good doctor. I go to the cleveland clinic. The doctors there tell me that pain pills will never help. my doctor at home gives me pain pills to take the edge off. Days when it rains i have a hard time and if i am worring about anything . I feel for you I had a hard time working and the place i worked closed a year ago . I do not know if i will be able to go back to work. some days it is all i can do is cook lunch and dinner. Take care and i wish you luck