Fibromyalgia Community
What tests can be done to check for Fibro?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

I have been told that I Do have fibro without any testing by the doctor. He says that I have all the symptions. Are there any tests I should have taken?

I would consider asking your physician to rule out other conditions, including these:

lyme disease
MS
depression (if you have depression obviously)
Lupus
rheumatoid arthritis
myositis
Chiari Malformation
polymyalgia rheumatica

So what are your symptoms ?
I was told quite quickly that I had FM/CFS. My Rhumey said he was sure without a doubt. He looked at my blood tests and he listened to my symptoms. He never even touched my tender points. He said why give you more pain from your description I can tell they hurt. Over the past year I have had most of these ruling out tests to deal with other things I have had wrong. Yes, he was right it still remains FM/CFS.
The tender point test is becoming less and less popular in the examination room by current Rheumatologist because it is so subjective. I have heard more and more that Rheumatologists are doing these less and less tender point touching and actually asking about where your pain is more so that actually touching you.

If you're doctor has done a good job of ruling out all of the other possible diseases that are necessary for diagnosis and examined your blood tests, MRIs or other tests you've had done in the past as well as taken a complete symptom overview from you, it is possible that he has properly diagnosed you. If you are uncomfortable with the diagnosis, I would seek out a second opinion, but it sounds like you are in agreement with his diagnosis.