When would you get an EMG?
I know FM doesn't show up on emg.  I am having almost constant muscle spasms for more than 2 months now and pain down outside of left leg from just hip area to almost mid-calf (little over 50% progression since 12/2010).  Right eye still spasming (increasing) for about 2 months...

When do I go back for an emg to make sure there isn't another issue clouding the water?  
Do I see rheumy or neuro?

(No insurance so any facts to back up suggestions r greatly appreciated!)

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Hi there!
Muscle spasms are the common symptoms which a fibromyalgia patient suffers from. They are most common in the muscles of back, legs .There may be associated vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Low Magnesium, low potassium levels, Vitamin B1, B5 and B6 deficiencies can lead to muscle spasms. Drugs like lovastanin, furosemide, terbuatline and calcium deficiency can cause muscle spasms, Restricted blood flow, lack of oxygen all can lead to muscle spasms.Tests for electrolytes especially sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium may be done. A combination of medication and stretching exercises can be used to treat muscle spasms and fibromyalgia. If there is concern that the spasms are due to a nerve or muscle disorder, electromyography may be done to determine whether there may be an abnormality of the muscle, of the nerves, or both. You have been having these problems since a long time so it is best to see a rheumatologist. After clinical examination the rheumatologist may refer you to neurologist if needed. Hope you find this information useful. Do keep us posted.
Take care and good luck!