Where does it come from?
Hi I'm new to the group, I've just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and i want to know how do you get it, what brings it on and how is it diagnosed?
Hey thickmadam!!!!!!!  :) :)  Welcome to the group.  :)

Fibromyalgia is one of those conditions that we don't know what exactly causes it.  There are certain things that can trigger it like stress, weather, diet, and even a prior accident can cause symptoms.

It is diagnosed with testing that rules out other conditions.  Basically if they can't find anything else wrong and you still have symptoms, then they call it Fibromyalgia.  However, persistent pain MUST be your number one complaint for it to be labeled as Fibro.
99 % of Fibro patients have infectious Mycoplasma infections.   Fibro just "appeared" 20 yrs ago after the first Gulf War and Mycoplasmas were known chemical/biological agents used.   Lyme disease patients suffer from Lymes, coinfections of Babesia, Bartonella, Rickisettia AND Mycoplasmal infections mainly Mycoplasa Fermentans-Incognitus strain.
  research www.IMMED.org for infor on Fibro/AI diseases.  Dr Garth Nicolson , who is an expert DR here on the Dr Forums is the man in charge of IMMED.   Fibro has been found to be a chronic intracellular bacterial infection.  It will only get worse if left untreated.  You can treat this withlong term Doxycycline.