Fibromyalgia Community
Why I Choose Chiropractic Care

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Why I Choose Chiropractic Care

I've been having severe headaches for years. They used to be only monthly and trigged by my cycle, but now... as my body is healing, they have become more frequent. The neurologist really was unable to do anything about my headaches and the only people who could help me were either massage therapists or chiropractors. Anyhow, I recently took my MRI results to my chiropractor and although the neurologist didn't comment on my MRI results... my chiropractor did. He knew exactly why I was getting headaches and more importantly, he had a treatment. On my MRI it even states that my abnormal findings is "of uncertain significance". Well... not to my chiropractor ! ; ^ )
Also, one thing to consider about chiropractors. Look at their education... they spend more time in medical school than most physicians !

"Chiropractors must be licensed, requiring 2 to 4 years of undergraduate education, the completion of a 4-year chiropractic college course, and passing scores on national and State examinations."

http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos071.htm
A chiropractor is the only one able to help my husband with his back pain.  Nothing else worked.

I am thinking about going...one day.  Because of my right leg injury my body compensates its weight to the left leg.  This throws off the way I walk, sit and my standing posture, whichs put undue pressure on other parts of my physical structure.  Of course, with FM/CFS this only causes more pain.

Thanks for the info. PlateletGal.
P.S. Now, if only they could treat my TiyPnG problems, lol.
I agree with PlateletGal.  I tried many different things for the pain in my arm and shoulders.  I could not lift either arm, bent at the elbow, higher than a little less than half way up.  Orthopedic dr. gave me two cortizone shots (hurts like heck) but the effect did not last more than 3 mo.  Did the physical therapy route too.

Then I went to a chiropractor who has done wonders for me.  I still have FM pains but I have full mobility.  

I swear by chiropractic care.  

He also does muscle stimulation therapy which helps with the pain when it is debilitating.

I've just started to see a chiropractor. Figured I've seen so many other docs that haven't helped what could it hurt. He actually deals with hormones & EBV and ran through all my blood work and pointed out where each area shows my body is fighting infection and things that were not normal (things I've been asking my docs about forever but they kept saying it's no big deal). I'm really hoping he can help me because I'm not sure where else to turn at this point. With all the research I've done over the years I do know one thing- he sounds like he knows what he's doing.
"With all the research I've done over the years I do know one thing- he sounds like he knows what he's doing."

Great... please keep us posted ! At least he seems to be taking your health concerns seriously and isn't trying to prescribe you anti-depressants like some of these other physicians. On top of it, I'm sure he has a treatment plan in store for you. My experience with these "alternative medicine" practitioners is that the majority of them have benefited me. Just like regular physicians, there are some who want to just make money, but there are many good practitioners who can really, really give you some relief and superior care (my opinion) to western medicine. I was shocked when I had my first appointment with a Naturopathic physician years ago and he spent an HOUR with me for my first appointment. Looking back, he knew what was wrong with me...and his treatment was helping me. This is part of what had kept me going without a diagnosis for so long. I've found that many of these practitioners don't like to "diagnose", they just like to point out abnormalities and correct them.

As far as my chiropractor, he's also a sports medicine physician. He's been great and he knows a lot about CFS and fibromyalgia. I was quite impressed after talking to him about these illnesses (causes, etc.).

Very interesting post. I have EBV and "possible clinical lyme disease", along with Vitamin D deficiency. Two weeks ago, I found a chiropractor who specializes in "wholistic" care and for the first time in 10 months, I feel as if I may finally find out the underlined cause to what has been going on with me. The chiro that I am seeing is even mentioned in a very famous book called "Natural Cures that they don't want us to know about". He is certainly an "out of the box physician" and I am expecting good things from this doctor. For the first time, I feel like I have hope.