Fibromyalgia Community
Why does my whole body hurt?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why does my whole body hurt?

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, (actually my doctor called it Fibromyositis, is there any difference?) many years ago.
Everywhere I touch my skin, on my arms, legs, feet, hands etc. it really hurts. I take all the right Omega oils, ( I work in a Pharmacy so I take all the right combinations vitamins etc. ) but nothing seems to help or stop the pain.
I stand on my feet all day and that does not help, and I am always so tired.
I am on antidepressants (Zoloft) 100mg X3 per day and I still feel depressed. I am menopausal and put on weight easily. I just feel like giving up with all this it is driving me crazy, any suggestions.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
681148_tn?1285160820
Some research I did said that Fibromyositis is just what Fibromyalgia used to be called.  Fibromyalgia is the more accurate term.
Blank
check my comments to barbie1637. Plenty of meds available but becareful of side effects esp. if your have other conditions. I am peaceful person but my dr will get earful next visit. I told him specefic complaints and he said i needed psych help. Got on computer and found 4 of my meds were causing problem. took myself of them and had gp dr change other three and it is helping some. IIf you have to fight with dr for help do it. I am after 20 yrs of fibro. They know statistics but not acual feeling of fibro.
Blank
1070475_tn?1255322594
thanks for info. My doctor is actually great, she has no problem trying different treatments, but has never compared it to Chronic Fatigue as FurballsMom mentioned. R they the same. I just had a young man working with me that had been diagnosed as having Chronic Fatigue, but no mention of Fibromyalgia. Out of interest what meds are you taking now that have the least side effects?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fibromyalgia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...