Fibromyalgia Community
a bit scared and that's odd for me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

a bit scared and that's odd for me

as I said in an earlier post I'm recently diagnosed for fibromyalgia, so of course I'm doing a lot of research trying to find answers. Something that I have found hardest to deal with is the problems with memory. I find myself in a conversation and right in the middle of talking I forget what I'm going to say or I try to say a word and I know I know the word but I can't get it out. the other day I dialed my best friend's phone number a number I know by heart and instead of dialing her number I dialed half her number and half somebody else's number.  I zone out sometimes so  much that I don't even know that somebody is speaking to me or calling to me.
This for me is the scariest part is a fibromyalgia. I've dealt with pain, numbness and all of the other symptoms for years. I'm used to being strong and now I feel like I'm losing it I don't know how to come to terms with it all. Im a fighter but right now I feel a little defeated. Advice? Words of wisdom? Tell me im not losing my mind?!
Hi RustyJ73.

Cognitive decline, confusion, memory issues and such symptoms as you're describing can be caused by impaired glucose delivery to the brain, neurotransmitter dysregulation, oxidation,to name a few.

One simple remedy for this you can look into is extra virgin coconut oil
supplementation, either in your cooking or added in your foods, or
just taken by the spoon.
It is considered the super fuel for the brain, has anti-viral, antibiotic, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic properties and causes no inflammation when used in cooking, unlike cooking oils.
Visit the coconut research center for more details.
Should you decide to give it a try, please go easy.
Start with 1T daily and gradually progress to 4T daily in 4 weeks.
It may produce visible symptoms of die-off effects if taken in higher doses.

Also consider going low-carb or no carb, specially simple carbs!
They feed a tissue toxin (indirectly) called Tartaric acid  (very prevalent in FMS) and they may be contributing to fungal imbalance/overgrowth.
And such an overgrowth may lead to candida, where one of the by-products  of processing in the body is alcohol, causing and  drunken-like symptoms. The alcohol is REAL and so are the effects!

So these 2 suggestions are simple and natural, that you can consider starting soon. I hope it helps. And no, you're not losing your mind.

Please consider also visiting the memory loss community for more ihelp.

If this persists or worsens, you may have to see a doctor and get an MRI.

I have  adequate knowledge in memory and cognitive issues, if you wish to
message me.

Please note that is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.

Best wishes!
Niko