autoimmune disease
Is Fibromyalgia an autoimmune disease?

I disagree with the definition of "autoimmune" --- if our immune system was attacking our bodies, I think we would be dead and we wouldn't have different types of autoimmune diseases. I mean our immune system is very powerful. I know of two physicians who agree with me on this.

Anyhow, the fact is that 29% of fibromyalgia patients and 25% of CFS patients do have a positive ANA titer (which indicates an autoimmune disease). We all share the same symptoms of an "autoimmune" disease and I believe fibro & CFS do fall into the same category as "autoimmune" diseases. However the category name, in my opinion, should be "Th1 inflammatory diseases".
Hm...out of curiosity, why only Th1?  just curious.

Love your site,PlateletGal!!!  Is your Painting/Sculpture gallery still 'under construction'?

G'day.
Kit
Hi Kit,

Thanks for the compliment ! My friend Leslie is the artist and she let me use one of her self-portraits on the home page. You may want to check again because her site is back up, right now anyway. She has had fibromyalgia symptoms (possibly lyme) for many years.

The protocol that we both have been on is the Marshall Protocol. The Marshall Protocol was developed by Professor Trevor Marshall, Ph.D in 2002 to treat certain diseases that involve Th1 immune system dysfunction.

Hey,
I've heard about Marshall Protocol for some time......is it effective for you?  how long have you've been on it?

Leslie is so talented........I shall go back and check her site again.  I love what I saw so far thru another link on her site.  But, really like to see her paintings and sculptures.

Thank you for introducing her work thru your site.

Kit