can anxiety / guilt waken the immune system?
Hello, I have had a sexual encounter with a csw 3 years ago... ive been through to the HIV forums here and they said that my encounter etc... was NO RISK and therefore i DO NOT HAVE HIV!!!! so.... my question is, can anxiety, fear, and or guilt cause the immune system to weaken, making a person easier to get sick or catch cold/flu???  I noticed after my first panic attack which happened recently (3 years after the incident), and the constant anxiety i have been having since the first panic attack left me feeling wierd all the time, afraid, and feel nauseous, and get stomach flu, or catch colds or something easier.  I also noticed that I always feel physically weak, mentally weak, and low confidence... also, i am afraid that everything that happens to me is HIV related, and whats worse is that everything that happens to my girlfriend i relate to HIV as well.. I don't know what to think!
Hey nakedambition,
Stress is the largest contributor in illness and probably the most overlooked one as well.
Why don't you get tested so you can get this totally ruled out.
Do not stress out unnecessarily.
Your panic attacks and anxiety may have to do also with an underlying deficiency.
This should be checked out too.
Take care,
Niko