Fibromyalgia Community
charged up nervous syste?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to fibromyalgia and related pain management.

charged up nervous syste?

At times it feels as though my nervous system has been 'plugged in' and 'charged up' with certain spots feeling like 'hot spots'. I feel restlessness throughout my whole body, similar to what restless leg syndrome feels like... but ev-er-y-where. The hot spots are spots that feel more intensely picky. Last night even my abdomen was feeling this way and breathing was irritating. It feels as if thumping the area or tightening muscles helps but it's temporary and then the feeling is more intense when muscles are relaxed. I have fibromyalgia and I have back/neck problems but this is a new symptom to me and it's disturbing and maddening. Help!?
i don't get prickling feelings, but i do get very restless at times.  noises and lights will bother me and i can never hold still---i always have to sit in a rocking chair.  i tell my husband that it feels like someone has turned up the volume on my nervouse system.  i think that whatever is going on with people like us is a central nervous system problem---something is way out of whack.  i think alot of us have very similar symptoms with some variations thrown in just to make it difficult for docs to get a clear cut idea of what is going on with us---and for some docs to think it isn't real.         i wish there was some way of finding that volume knob and turning it down and tuning just right so i could feel like a normal person again---whatever that is!
I think the "prickling" feels more like a mild electrical shock and mine goes on for 10 mins or more at a time.  It is quite scary at times...  Did not not know it was fibro related... apparently my doctor doesn't either
I get the prickles. I can only compare them to not shaving your legs for quite some time them sliding on tights. Irritating really. I get it almost always on my legs. Goosebumps are very painful. There's no set time, sometimes it's days, sometimes shorter. I get the sunburn feeling on my legs mostly, feels like I spent the day at the beach without sunscreen. My clothes hurt. UGH.
I just want to know that would you be qualify for long term disability?from insurance?But for how long?
I have fibro just like most people said  Neck back ...And how long it going to last?